Black and White Chanel Dresses
With Chanel being such a widely coveted brand, it's inevitable that more than one celebrity will be spotted in the same glamourous Parisian look. That can be said for an iconic black and white chiffon-feathered gown from Chanel's Fall 2011 collection which continues to make appearances on the red carpet year after year.
1. Crystal Renn hauled this dramatic monochromatic gown out of the Chanel archives for an outing in New York just last week (April 2014). The supermodel pulled her hair back in a sleek bun, wore a red hot lip and carried a black clutch bag.
2. Lily Allen picked out the popular Chanel gown for a movie premiere in London during October 2013. The British singer wore the white cap-sleeved gown with turned up collar and tattered black chiffon gown originally as presented on the runway, with the leaf-embroidered waistband. Lily added a colourful Chanel Lego clutch, and fringed updo to her outfit.
3. Emilia Clarke looked elegant at the 2012 SAG Awards in the frou frou feathered gown with white bodice that is edged in black frills. The Game of Thrones actress kept her hair in a loose upstyle.
4. The first person to wear this two-tone Chanel look was Zoe Kravitz at the Unicef Snowflake ball in November 2011. Zoe wore the dress sans the embroidered waistband with her hair up.
On the runway the textured gown with structured bodice was given grunge styling, worn by Latvian model Ginta Lapina, with sheer chiffon fingerless gloves and lace-up leather boots.
1. Rachel Zoe put on a little black and white pearl studded Chanel dress for a red carpet appearance in Los Angeles during March 2014. The designer accessorized with an elaborate pearl necklace and wore black tights and platforms with her dress, a white fur stole in tow.
2. Alexa Chung was first to wear this strapless Chanel tweed shift dress, keeping it simple with a chain sling Chanel bag and black PVC pointy toe pumps as seen on the runway.
3. On the Spring 2013 catwalk, Belgian model Yumi Lambert wore the striking look with a pearl twisted choker, leather fingerless goes and pointy-toe PVC shoes.
In Round 1, my vote goes to Emilia Clarke, the dress was tailored to fit her perfectly, whereas on Lily and Zoe, it looked slightly too big. I also prefer it with the waistband, although I must admit Crystal wore it with poise, only the way a model can.
In Round 2, I think Alexa wore it best, I prefer this dress minus the heavy heels and tights.
Who Do You Think Wore It Better?