Who Wore It Better?
Alexander McQueen black and gold gowns
The first gown is a black crepe long-sleeved silhouette with fluted skirt and high neck keyhole cut-out collar that is beautifully decorated by gold leaf embellishings. The dress, which is sold out online, retailed for $7000.
Round One1. Kate Hudson was exquisitely dressed in this Alexander McQueen frock with decadent gold beaded neckline at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. She was the first to wear the design and added a leaf motif belt to clinch in her waist. Rolling blonde waves style her look.
2. Russian beauty Victoria Bonya brought this popular dress to the Cannes Film Festival this year, the silhouette fitting her to perfection, with an embellished belt highlighting her narrow waist.
3. British actress Emma Rigby picked out this regal gown for the Berlin premiere of her movie 'The Physician' back in December 2013. A slicked back hairstyle completed her look.
4. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone stunned at the 2014 Screen Awards in India wearing the famed McQueen fishtail gown with embroidered gold neckline. Deepika opted not to wear a belt with her look and slicked her hair back in a style similar to Emma's.
These four ladies were not the only ones to be enamored by the allure of this Alexander McQueen dress. Middle-aged Reality TV stars Lisa Vanderpump, Kris Jenner and Alexia Echevarria all have been photographed wearing the exact same look. (Click the links to see their versions).
This stunning second look from Alexander McQueen is a slinky black crepe strapless gown with gold metal leaf crystal encrusted peplum, which retails for $4 485.
1. Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra was beautifully outfitted in the curve-hugging Alexander McQueen gown at the 2014 Filmfare Awards in Mumbai, India. Side swept waves styled her look.
2. South Korean actress Jeon Do Youn wore the same elegant gown with beaded peplum at the 2014 Asian Film Awards in Macau, China. As radiant as she is, the gown seems slightly big on her.
3. The first to wear this McQueen creation long before anyone else in December 2013 was British actress Naomie Harris, at the London premiere of her movie 'Long Walk to Freedom'. Naomie's svelte frame is elongated in this polished column gown.
As for 'Who Wore It Better', in Round One my pick is Victoria Bonya, the gown was tailored to fit her flawlessly and her sophisticated upstyle suited the high neckline of the gown. In Round Two, I prefer the hourglass shape of Priyanka's dress over the slimmer fitted dresses of Jeon and Naomie.
Who Do You Think Wore Each McQueen Dress Best?