Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cannes Film Festival 2012 - Part Three

Red Carpet Fashion
Cannes Film Festival 2012
Part Three

Our journey across the Cannes Red Carpet continues with Part Three of all the evening glamour. I have never seen more Roberto Cavalli or Pucci dresses all in the same week and in the same place before. These are some of the stand-out gowns over the past few days. For the previous chapter in my Cannes coverage, visit here. Click on the pictures to zoom in.


Very Versace. Rose McGowan was shaded in a sugary pink chiffon Atelier Versace gown with romantic train. Dutch model Doutzen Kroes looked statuesque in a sculpted white strapless gown with metal inserts. Brazilian model Isabeli Fontana vividly lit up the event in a mint green dress with gold studded bodice and thigh baring slit. Milla Jovovich was another star to wear Versace, her futuristic metallic gown featured exaggerated 3D arches on the hip. 

Silver Sunsets over Cannes. French actress Roxane Mesquida wore an embroidered Roberto Cavalli gown in the softest shade of grey tulle. Heidi Klum was dressed in Marchesa, her shimmery silver gown was fully fringed in a modern take on 20's flapper style. Camila Alves owned the red carpet in this captivating Marchesa gown, with ornately beaded bodice and extravagant ruffled skirt.  Georgina Chapman was smothered in a feathered Marchesa gown with embellished empire waist. I am usually all for Marchesa, but I'm little skeptical about this look. 
Roberto Cavalli Rules the Red Carpet. Karolina Kurkova was pictured in a black paillette covered halter neck gown. Brazilian model Ana Beatriz Barros brought out her wild side in a tiger-print flowing dress with intrepid cut-out back. Liu Wen looked engaging in a black and white embroidered illusion gown. Sporting her second Cavalli look, Karolina Kurkova glimmered in a gold sheer beaded dress with matching blazer. Singer Cassie kept to all-black in a glamourous beaded black gown with chiffon skirt. 

Scarlet Letter. Supermodel Natasha Poly sizzled in this sultry cutout, plunge-neck red dress by Roberto Cavalli. I'd give her a medal for bravery. Irina Shayk was radiant in a fiery red off-the-shoulder Roberto Cavalli gown with sheer floaty skirt. Kristen Stewart. In Colour. Enough said. The 'Snow White' actress donned a vibrant red Reem Acra dress with lace detailing. Kylie Minogue was dressed in a long-sleeved, low-neck Emilio Pucci gown with trendy sheer panel detail.

The Dazzling Diane Kruger.  Diane Kruger impressed with 4 different looks this week. She first stunned in a celestial Nina Ricci gown, with sheer chiffon skirt, purple shoulder corsage & feather fringing. Next Diane wore a hot-off-the-runway Chanel Resort 2013 dress in the purest white with dainty lilac embroidery. Her third look is a colossal white checked Christian Dior gown, embedded with black lace motifs. Pictured last, Diane put on Prabal Gurung frock with embellished bodice, leather belt and ostrich feathered skirt.
The Supermodels. Natasha Poly was alluring in a sheer black Emilio Pucci dress, expertly covered with geometric embellished panels. Lindsay Wixson glistened in a black Giambattisa Valli number with lace long sleeves and paneled skirt. Anja Rubik boldly choose this embroidered burnout gown by Emilio Pucci, framing it with a black tuxedo jacket. Liu Wen went short in an ebony cut-out Givenchy frock with fringed skirt. 

Colourific. Nina Dobrev continues to impress on the red carpet, wearing an embellished electric blue Elie Saab off-the shoulder gown with high slit. Doutzen Kroes also opted for Elie Saab, hers fully sequined in emerald green. Kim Kardashian tagged onto the Elie Saab trend, her belted mustard gown featuring a deep V-neck and slit. Nicole Kidman donned a rose-tined one-shouldered Lanvin gown that complimented her skin tone. Cara Delevingne put her best foot forward in a cross-draped forest green Burberry dress.


Pretty Pale. Actress Alexandra Maria Lara was exquisite in a luminescent fully beaded ivory Elie Saab gown. Irina Shayk poses in an elegant ecru Roberto Cavalli gown with sheer neckline and long train. Her sparking emerald jewellery is the perfect choice of accessory.


Who wears your favourite look in Part Three of the Cannes Film Festival fashion?

41 comments:

Dana said...

Damn I LOVE when I'm right! Saving the BEST for LAST! Remember?
Well, that's pretty much what it is here! Choices abound and the beautiful and gorgeous ladies do not fail to make it harder and harder to pick a favorite. I love the edgy black gowns and the pretty pastels. The red gowns are amazing! I can go on and on....

http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

Dana

Unknown said...

It's my favorite part! I like all dresses and can not chose what is the perfect one for me!

http://fashionfriendsdiary.blogspot.com/

Paris said...

OMG I want them all!! I wish I had a reason to wear a dress like this all the time! Evening gowns are so pretty :)

xoxo,
Paris

glitteratiandglamour.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

WOW! So many stunning gowns! Isabeli looks gorgeous, as does Liu Wen. She really impressed me with both her looks, but honestly I can't choose a favorite!

Sootjeelina said...

Gorgeous! I loved Doutzen Kroes' white dress and Nina Dobrev's one.

xoxo Sootjeelina

Rakel said...

Love all the dresses!! amazing post! ^^

Unknown said...

OMG I want I want all of them!!!! I love long long long dresses!

Lilli said...

wow they all are so breathtaking! love the gowns!^^ kisses Sam!

Sofie said...

Love it! =) Kisses. <3

Unknown said...

beautiful dress...

Ayya Z. said...

Red carpet fashion is my favourite... Please keep doing some!

The Fashion Diaries said...

Irina Shayk and Nicole Kidman are my favourite ones.
Lovely dresses!
I'm glad to know you really liked my post honey!
xoxo

margaret cruzemark said...

Amazing post. Your blog is great. I totally love it!!! Diane Krouger is such an icon!!!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

So good to be back to your site, and thanks for your words, always!
As usual, what for a selection! BUT I must confess that I looked attentively to all of the fantastic dresses and some did draw my attention, although always thinking "beautiful... but not yet THE ONE for me..." and because you know me pretty well, you definitely know MY dress among the selection - the Chanel 2013 white and lilac embroiderer one worn by Diane Kruger!!!!
Definitely, MYYYY dress!

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Mesmerizing ladies Sam!! Models took over the world!:D I really love almost all looks, for example Doutzen looked stunning!!
Happy Saturday my beauty!! xoxo
Jelena

Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} said...

Oh Sam! You just put me in a dreamy world of gowns and red carpets!!!! I've seen some of these stunners, but not all of them. So thank you for putting them all in one beautiful post. Diane Kruger KILLED it this year throughout the festival. Nina Dobrev, Nicole Kidman, and Kim Kardashian are looking pretty great as well. What a beautiful post!
xoxo

Kat said...

i LOVE alexandras dress!!!!! soooo beautiful :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

a dress for a special occasion! dress from famous fashion houses make beautiful women even more beautiful)))

xx
Diana
double-ganger.blogspot.com

aki! said...

Ana Beatriz Barros stands out to me! The Roberto Cavalli looks like it has great dresses!

Tanja S. said...

Love all of this dresses, look amazing! :)

The Dragonfruit said...

Oh man, another glam dress post!
I love the first set with the pastel hued dresses. They're all so gorgeous!

Enter to win a $50 voucher for Dark Horse Jewelry!
Trendy Teal

RedTagChicLosAngeles said...

Lovely collages.....Hard to choose cuz they all look FAB!!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

DC2NYCo said...

So many gorgeous dresses! I'm just loving the red colors and particularly, Milla Jovovich dress. Her style is so irresistibly sexy!

DC2NYConfessions Blog

Gillie said...

I love Cannes fashion, I think it's one of the most glamorous fashion moments of the year!

xo Gillie

Thesmallnoble said...

Doutzen Kroes in her white dress is my favourite look but they all look gorgeous!
http://thesmallnoble.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

Well, I really love black, so for me, the best dresses are those magnific black ones!!!aahhh they look gorgeous!:)
Have a nice day Sam!
xoxo

Magdalena said...

Gorgeous dresses! Thanks for lovely comment on my blog,and yes, i designed my header :) xx

Sandra Leiva said...

I love Doutzen Kroes dress, but Irina Shayk is my favourite! <3

A Day in September by Tisha September said...

Hey Sam! Thank you for following me at bloglovin, following you back now. how about gfc? :)

A Day in September by Tisha September said...

folower 142! :)

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous dresses. My favourites are the pastel coloured versace dresses xx

www.almostdelightful.com

tres chic chica said...

Hey Sam! So many gorgeous gowns,I can't choose my favorite! Love all the variety! Have a nice day darling!

xo Marie
http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

KONSTANTINA TZORTZI said...

love Doutzen's dress and I have to say Anja looks so hot in this seethrough gown :)
xoxo
K

yiqin; said...

natasha poly was the best <3

Roberta said...

They look so chic!
Have agreat week1
http://robertascoolestplaces.blogspot.com.es

FASHION TALES said...

Such beautiful gowns. I loved Liu Wen and Diane Krugers styles!

Lolita in the Mix said...

Love the dresses, especially doutzen's one!

xoxo

http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

A Life Un-Styled said...

The first photo set had me craving candy! So beautiful!

Fashion-Bridge said...

Kristen Stewart is red is wow, wow, wow, wowooom! She looks gorgeous in this dramatic red gown.


Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Miu said...

I like Camila Alves' dress the most!

hope in high heels said...

Gosh... Diane Kruger cannot put a foot wrong can she? She always looks so amazing! Can't believe KStew is in color but wish she'd smile sometimes... Fabulous round up as always Sam, hope you had a wonderful weekend!