For Your Holiday Parties
As much as I love preparing for fancy dinner parties, it's setting the perfect table that I find most daunting. So, I have decided to find simple, easy-to-achieve and delightfully pretty table decor ideas from around the net to help me (and you) turn that holiday affair into something spectacular. These last minute ideas can be recreated with everyday items you can find at home, with the help of some garden blooms (if you're in the Southern Hemisphere), pantry essentials and craft-box components. These decor ideas will ensure your dinner table is the center of attention.
Pastel Place Settings
1. Borrow your grandma's vintage floral teapot & set some flowers inside for a quaint setting.
2. Paint some storage jars in pastel shades and top off with white roses.
3. Place a candle inside a tall drinking glass, then tie a single flower around the outside using a ribbon or elastic band.
4. Before you throw out those empty tin and cans, paint them to match your party colour scheme and fill up with garden flowers and greens.
5. Mismatch a variety of pastel plates and use an antique quilt as a table cloth for a truly eye-spiring table setting. You can also wrap little boxes of chocolates for each guest with floral wrapping paper and place on top.
6. Use pastel coloured water or gardening jugs for a serene summer table setting.
7. Place some candy swirls in a bucket for a two-in-one sweet treat and table centerpiece.
8. Stock up a large glass vase with silver or gold covered chocolate kisses.
9. Spray paint pinecones in metallic hues & lay them out in different vases tied with ribbons.
10. Use any colourful Christmas lights that are not working anymore to fill up a vase.
11. Lay oranges topped with daisy straws on a cake plate, it will also lend a lovely zesty scent to your table.
12. Who knew green and purple cabbage leaves could be this versatile? Tie them around tea-lights and add them to a jewel toned centerpiece, along with some artichokes.
13. Add some vibrance to your table with a tall vase of lemons, sprinkled with silver baubles.
14. Bedazzle some pears with stick-on gemstones for a glittery and easily elegant show piece.
15. Asparagus can be used to make a DIY green themed vase to hold a floral bouquet.
16. A vintage wooden box stacked with peaches, apricots or plums will add a flavorful finish to your summer holiday table.
Jazz Up Your Jars
17. Roll a few of your elastic beaded bracelets around mason jars for a pretty jeweled effect.
18. Tie a doily around your jars and adorn with flowers.
19. For a more romantic look, use burlap and lace tied with string, and festoon with flowers.
20. Try a chic countryside centerpiece with hessian and a checked ribbon.
21. For a non-floral centerpiece, place glass stones into your mason jars, fill with water and a floating candle and wrap up with a raffia bow.
22. Peg antique postcards or family photos inside your jars and garnish with flowers.
23. Transform a mundane muffin tin into something marvelous by placing candles and flower jars alternatively in each holder.
24. An ice bucket or silver kitchen utensil can be repurposed as a vase.
25. Glass cookie jars are beautifully ornamented with floating roses.
26. Remove the paper coverings from your soft drink bottles and place a single flower in each.
27. Adorn your cake stands with floral domes, made by sticking the stems of flowers into a polystyrene ball.
28. Turn your fancy stemmed drinking glasses upside down to cave a colourful bloom underneath, and balance a candle on top for an outstanding centerpiece.
Happy Holidays Dear Friends.
May it be a Wonderfully Joyous One!
*Photo sources: bhg.com. realsimple.com, countryliving.com, marthastewart.com, pinterest.