Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Fall 2012 Trends by Nordstrom

Nordstrom have released their impressive style guide for Fall 2012, citing the most significant runway and designer trends. The 'Portraits of Style' Fall 2012 Lookbook compacts everything we need to know about this season's fashion fads, gracefully displayed by some of the biggest names on the modeling scene. This elegantly shot campaign gives us a comprehensive idea on what colours, silhouettes, prints and shapes to wear this Fall.

The oversized coat. This season, winter coats are larger than life and cut on a bias with a rounded shape, keeping details to a minimal. Jeneil Williams wears a radiant crimson red over-the-knee Jil Sander collarless coat. Denmark's Gertrud Hegelund displays chic modernism in an ultramarine blue Celine coat. 

Sombre Vs Sheer. A shadowy gothic theme prevails this fall with heavier all black ensembles, as seen on Meghan Collison's opaque leather look by Givenchy. Opposing this dark force are sheer panels and daring cut-outs, modeled by Ondria Hardin for Emilio Pucci.

Leather and Lace. Valentino combines two of Fall's major trends - the little red dress and decorative cutwork. Ruby Aldrige wears a beautiful red long-sleeved laser-cut leather dress with high-neck. Erdem uses sheer lace with a bright coloured underlay in this lingerie inspired look worn by Argentinian model Tati Cotliar. 

Masculine Mode. We have not yet escaped the menswear trend this Fall, in fact, it has only become more prominent. Chunky knits, stripes and plaid and tailored trousers with a hint of military design. From left: Brazil's Aline Weber in Junya Watanabe, Julia Nobis is sleek in Christopher Kane and Kori Richardson in a sophisticated look by Haider Ackermann.

Velvet Days and Burgundy Nights. Gucci gives us the luxurious feel of velvet in a navy blue animal print dress, seen on Hailey Clauson. The burgundy colour trend has already caught on like wildfire, Hind Sahli wears a specked bordeaux dress by Jason Wu.

Two Toned Glamour. Two very different ways of wearing duotone - Anouk Lepére makes a striking appearance in a black and white Lanvin mini, swirled with voluminous ruffles and accented with red hot heels and gloves. Stella McCartney takes a more streamlined, sports luxe approach to winter dressing in this sexy urbane gown worn by Kate King.


The Patterned Power Suit. Pack away that plain black suit, prints and patterns are the order of the day, with abstract art and bold graphics painted upon masculine tailored jackets and trousers. Dries van Noten gets creative with bold patches of eastern inspired art, modeled by Hanne Gaby Odeile. Anais Mali dons a fully printed square geometric suit by Prada.

Textured. Chanel updates tweed and jeans in charcoal grey with a tinge of metallic for 2012. Romanian model Diana Dondoe wears a three piece look from the collection. Dominican dame Marihenny Rivera displays cozy fur couture in a cloud of white by Alexander McQueen.

Innovative shapes and prints. Mary Katrantzou brings forth futuristic structures in inventive digital prints, as seen on Jay Shin. Proenza Schouler redefines Oriental print and costume design, giving it a more modern appeal, as worn by Magda Laguinge.

Each of these outfits and accessories are available for purchase at Nordstrom. 

Which of these trends are you inspired to try out this Fall?


*All photographs are credited to nordstrom.com


52 comments:

Lilli said...

Hi Sam! I love everything, getting excited for the new fall trends^^ Love them!! Kisses and have a nice day dear!

Fictitious Fashion said...

I love the pink n black lace dress.. n the outfits placed in the two-toned collection.. amazing series! :)

Thank you so much for your earlier comment dear <3
Maybe you have time see my New post- Clarks + Mom's B'day

Join my BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY on my blog,by Prodigy Red~ Win a sexy jersey dress ENTER HERE

Love
Akanksha

Daniella said...

Hi Sam sweetie, Wow these looks are amazing and I love the styling! Love the modern simplicity of the Celine look and dark and edgy vibe of the Givenchy shot. And the prints and tailoring of the Prada look is so chic and I cant help but fall in love with the modern take on Oriental that Proenza Schouler has come up with! Great post honey ;)

Take care, Daniella xox

Unknown said...

I want the Jil Sanders' coat!

http://leguidedelama.blogspot.com
Don't forget to watch my MakeUp Tuto-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtuph8EgUI&feature=plcp

Elma said...

Great post! :D I love the leather and lace combo's and the oversized coats :D x

Jelena Zivanovic said...

I embrace all those trends Sam, they're so versatile and different, you must to find something convenient for you!!:)
Have a wonderful day my dear!!! kisses

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

omg! I love the geometrically strong patterns and first coats are fab! I'd love to wear each of them

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Katie Frank said...

im really into coats cus now im looking for one, lol. these are awesome.
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

amy b.s. said...

i am loving all of these looks! that jill sanders coat is amazing!

Teresa said...

The Valentino red dress is my favorite! but i've been using the lace trend a lot this summer, so i would like to give it a try to the peplum trend (something like Mary Katrantzou, only more simple. ha!)... thanks for these illustrations :)

xx
Teresa
www.trend-ish.com

PaliStory said...

all of these looks are so beautiful!

http://palistory.blogspot.com/

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Love the leather and lace!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

I'm loving the leather and lace look!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Denise said...

I chose my favorite items, of course! The Celine coat - fabulous! Then the Oscar de la Renta dress and the Gucci dress, fabulous! I would wear these items without a second thought! And would feel so myself! Wish I had the Gucci dress to wear in the UK! Well, getting my handluggage ready for my trip... I have to be very careful with what I take, I decided not to take any suitcase, apart from handluggage... I have loads of things there, that I even don't have the chance to wear, so... saving time on luggage claiming!

Stephanie said...

All these looks are amazingly chic!

http://fashionroll.net

Unknown said...

I'm really lovin the oversized coats this season.

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

tiebow-tie.com said...

woww amazıng pıctures!!!ı love coats so muchhh!!!

Diana S.T. said...

OMG all the coats are so gorgeous!!!!! thanks for share with us =)
kisses
follow each other ????

Helena Resende said...

Really amazing coats :)

Anonymous said...

Love the trends you listed, especially the textured trend and the leather trend! :)Followed your blog Xo

little luxury list said...

I'll take leather and lace any day (you know I love lace!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

winetastegirl.com said...

I love the textures, the sheers and leather. I'll have to pass on those oversized coats, though. I'm petite and those coats would swallow me! Thanks so much for your sweet comments today:) I am the mom of three little ones and they keep me running!
www.winetastegirl.com

Beauty Follower said...

Those Givenchy pants are super cool!

margaret cruzemark said...

What an amazing and ispiring selection of beauty, style and elegance!! Well done!!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Bailey Schneider said...

Lovely... rigid, textured...superb.
Stella McCartney's dress is breath taking!!

Bodil Loïs Huisman said...

Wauw, love those Jil Sander coats and the Alexander McQueen coat
is gorgeous!

Love Bo,
PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

Hi Sam, I love the blue Oscar De La Renta! Hope you have been well and have been meaning to comment. I've been summertime lazy :o) As always, love all your posts!

Darlene said...

I meant I have been meaning to comment, not that I have been hoping you have been meaning to comment although, I always love your comments! lol

Jodie said...

Yes!!!! I live velvet! This trend should NEVER end!
Thanks fit the connect x

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This is making me quite excited for fall! I'm especially loving the burgundy, lace and textured trends. That Chanel suit is killer!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Isabel Hope said...

I love that Gucci velvet dress!

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

it's such a nice collection! i like red dress the most :)
and thank you soooo much for your lovely comment earlier today, it made me truly happy! Dora

Unknown said...

WOOOOOOOOOW SAM!!!
This one here is more than GORGEOUS!!!
Can I have the Celine and Christopher Kane's coat please??
A girl can dream, right?

Francesca | francescasophia.co.uk said...

The Emilio Pucci sheer dress and Stella McCartney's nude and black combination are both absolutely divine - both trends I adore xx

Jenny / Rocknrollerr said...

lovely girl!

xx

Jenny
Rocknrollerr.com

The Dragonfruit said...

I'm so ready to rock some leather :)

Trendy Teal

Josie said...

Oh gosh where do I begin? I love it all! Love that pale blue...my fave ever colour! And I'm dying over that Givenchy look. I rarely see the things you post about on other blogs, your posts are really brilliant Sam xxx

MOSAMUSE said...

LOVE the Jill Sander and Valentino!!
xo
MOSAMUSE

www.MOSAMUSE.com

erica marie said...

that valentino dress is an absolute dream.

xo erica

Fashion-Bridge said...

I love the coats!I think coats are THE pieces to look for and buy this season. They are so powerful yet utterly elegant!

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

lace dresses are definitely in!! and those gigantic coat!! awesome:)

EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

OneRedCherry said...

i absolutely love your blog
follow u :)

Rakhshan said...

can't believe fall's almost here!!
i really like the two toned trend and the digital,aztec and animal prints esp with luxurious fabrics like velvets in winters.the lace with the bright underlay looks gorgeous!
Have a pleasant upcoming weekend xx

A Life Un-Styled said...

That Oscar De Le Renta has captured my attention, that would be perfect even now (Spring). What a great collection of beautiful pieces - though I've come to expect just that from you xoxox

Stefania said...

Great selection dear!!

Stephilà Creations-Myfashionblog

Elle Sees said...

I love your new profile photo by the way

Jessica said...

i looove that mesh dress, the first couple are a little too boxy for my taste

Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/

Clara Turbay said...

Excellent suggestions whenever I visit your blog.

xix said...

Sam, you have such a great eye when it comes to seeing trends in fashion lines. A lot of times, I tend to blur it all together, so it is so nice to see posts like this that sorts them and injects a bit of order into what I thought was just a conglomeration of different clothes. :)
I'm a huge fan of the two-toned glamour. Anything color blocked / two-toned is just so classy.

♥ x i x i a | thisisxixia.com

Anonymous said...

DEF have statement coats at the top of my list!!! And I WISH I could wear either that amazing ruffled Lanvin or the red Valentino!!!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

The Pucci and Stella McCartney dresses are amazing!

margaret cruzemark said...

Celine, Erdem, Mary Kantrantzou = big addictions, big dreams, never going to have one of those....
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/