Winter 2011 Collection
When I think of comfortable, beautiful and laid-back fashion, Tashkaya comes to mind. Talented South African designer, Natasha Teplitsky launched her clothing brand 2 years ago, which she continues to nurture with care and dedication. The eclectic Tashkaya line represents Natasha's international influences and her passion for high-quality, timeless pieces of clothing.
This winter, Natasha combines luxurious fabrics with simplistic designs; creating a collection that is wearable and stylish without being fussy. I admire her design aesthetic, which remains true to her individuality and Boho-mod sense of style. Natasha doesn't emulate international runway trends, she creates her own.
The latest Tashkaya collection embodies casual elegance, with versatile clothes that can be worn on any occasion. Each item can be styled in different ways. Accessorize with cute woolly berets, chunky scarves and a skinny leather belt.
1. Bell-sleeve dress. R550. This casual light grey babydoll dress has a black braided trim on the neckline and voluminous sleeves.
2. Pocket dress. R430. This pretty printed pocket dress is one of my favourite pieces. It has a loose, comfortable fit, which will suit all figures and age groups. It can be taken from sleeveless in summer to layered in winter.
3. Lace dress. R495. A romantic lace dress that can be worn both casually and formally. Dress down with leggings and flats. Dress up with heels and some bling. Available in Charcoal grey and a calming Cloud Blue.
4. Floral pinafore. R490. The relaxed-fit pinafore is paired with a cosy wrap knit jersey, also from Tashkaya.
5. Shift dress. R520. A loose fitting, mid length shift dress that can be worn over skinnies or with stockings. Add a belt to accent your waist.
6. Button babydoll dress. R495. A 3/4 sleeve babydoll dress with button detail. Wear it with a cropped jacket on chilly days.
You can purchase these lovely pieces and more from Tashkaya.com. Postage is free anywhere in South Africa! Or visit one of the stockists countrywide, as listed on their website.