Heating up the past few fashion weeks was one of my favourite style icons - New York DJ and part time model Leigh Lezark. Leigh is no stranger to the world of high fashion. Besides for runway modeling and campaigns, Leigh and her band 'The Misshapes' have also mixed catwalk music for the likes of Chanel, Gwen Stefani, Calvin Klein and major NYC art institutes.
Leigh has a unique chic and contemporary style, with a new-age spin on classic silhouettes. The striking dark-haired beauty always keeps her accessories to a minimum, which is something I can relate to. She makes the most out of black tights, keeps her heels high and clutch bags interesting. Here is Leigh at some of fashion weeks biggest events.
1. At the Chanel Fall 2012 show in Paris, Leigh picked out a white textured dress from their Spring 2012 line, which has a slanted black line design running across it. A metallic clutch and silver and black cap-toed heels finish off her look.
2. At Victor & Rolf, Leigh looked alluring in a black sheer one-shouldered dress with flapped neckline. She carries a Chanel classic 2.55 quilted flap bag and stands in her own custom made heels by Surface to Air.
3. Leigh looked more like one of the Givenchy models than a front-row guest at the label's Fall 2012 show. She wore an ivory and beige head-to-heel ensemble from Givenchy's Spring 2012 collection. It included a high-neck sleeveless shirt, oversized waistcoat and skinny pants, worn with white ankle strap sandals.
4. At amfAR's fashion week kick-off event in NYC, Leigh showed off a more elegant side to her style, wearing a long black gown with embellished bodice from Chanel's Cruise 2012 line.
5. It was an interesting twisted grid print in black and metallic gold at designer Cynthia Rowley's Fall 2012 preview, with customary black tights and heels. The A-line dress is from Cynthia Rowley's Spring 2012 range.
The Sparks of Colour
6. Leigh kept it casual at Lacoste, in a simple two-tone aubergine and plum crew-neck dress with tie-up belt. Tights and brogues were shaded in black.
7. At a Tommy Hilfiger store launch, Leigh refined tartan in a strapless red and navy Tommy Hilfiger 'Gloria' dress with pleats at the waist. Black tights. Check. Custom-made heels. Check.
8. At the Christian Dior show in Paris last week, Leigh donned bright poppy red trousers with a chic cropped leather zipped jacket. Her look was stylized by a black Dior bag and pumps, winged eyeliner and red hot lips.
9. For Giambattista Valli's Fall presentation, Leigh looked engaging in a cherry red ensemble with ribbon belted top and silver metallic hemmed skirt. A dressy red and white fringed-edge tweed coat was worn over her vibrant outfit.
10. Probably the most striking look of all, Leigh encompassed modern sophistication at Sonia Rykiel's Paris showing, wearing a sunflower yellow wide-leg pantsuit with black pocket trim, from the designers' Spring 2012 range. She added another spark of colour with a bright orange clutch bag.
I admire all of Leigh's outfits, but the yellow Sonia Rykiel is a clear winner for me. Which is your favourite of Leigh Lezark's Fashion Week looks?