Who Wore Valentino Better?
Valentino is always a favored red carpet choice by socialites and celebrities, as their range of beautiful gowns are impossible to look bad in. On this edition of 'Who Wore It Better', 3 different Valentino dresses are put on display by international stars, each providing their own unique spin.
1. Fashion queen Anna Dello Russo was pictured last week wearing this popular butterfly printed gown from Valentino's Pre-Fall 2014 collection. Surprisingly demure, Anna carried a maroon fringed Valentino bag with her outfit.
2. Saoirse Ronan was the first to wear this black, yellow and blue butterfly tulle frock in March this year, with sleeves that are delicately feathered in a rainbow of colours.
3. Italian actress Matilde Gioli picked this pretty black butterfly embroidered gown for an event in June 2014. She charmingly wore her hair in a side braid.
4. This flutter-filled gown featured as part of Valentino's Pre-Fall 2014 range.
The Verdict: I am impressed at how toned-down Anna is in this beguiling gown, but my vote goes to Saoirse. The dress has a youthful feel to it and her 20-year-old self portrays that wonderfully.
1. Blake Lively took a stylish stride in New York during May 2014 wearing a violet hued flower and butterfly embossed Valentino coat dress. The blonde actress added printed Christian Louboutin ankle boots to her chic outfit.
2. Shailene Woodley wore the same butterfly jacquard print in a slightly different silhouette, also in May this year. The 22-year-old vivified her look with neon pink Kurt Geiger heels.
3. Miroslava Duma was pictured this July wearing the green-toned version of this Valentino Fall 2014 coat dress with glazed floral print. Mira wears black ankle-strap sandals with her look.
4. US Model Lexi Boling struts the Valentino runway in this butterfly and flower patterned coat with lacquered sheen.
The Verdict: Between the exceptional poise of Blake and the fashion savviness of Miroslava, I find it difficult to choose between the two. Both wore it splendidly.
1. Asian beauty Lulu Tan attended the Valentino Couture show last week in Paris, elegantly decked in this exquisite white tulle gown with transparent criss-cross bodice.
2. Katy Perry was the first to wear this Valentino Spring 2014 Couture gown back in January, making a memorable appearance at the Grammy Awards. The fluttery white tulle gown with sheer neckline and skirt was an apt pick for the event, seeing that it was decorated by musical notes.
3. Dutch model Maartje Verhoef looked graceful on the Valentino Spring 2014 Couture runway in this white gossamer gown.
The Verdict: My vote goes to Lulu, her dainty frame enhances the fairytale appeal of this ethereal gown. I also liked it worn on the runway.
What are your Verdicts on these Valentino Dresses?