Side Swept Waves
I was browsing for a formal hairstyle for this weekend, and the one that appealed to me the most was side swept waves. This 1940's Veronica Lake hairstyle exudes vintage glamour and elegance. It will work for medium to long hair and suits all face shapes. If you want to show off a pretty pair of earrings, this side styled look is a great option. It's young, yet formal but not too fussy. Just Perfect. These are my favourite side swept looks.
Julianne Hough wears her long blonde locks to the side.
Camilla Belle styled her glossy dark tresses with picture perfect make-up.
Amy Adams channels old Hollywood glamour with her side swept red hair.
Lea Michele wears this hairstyle beautifully with more defined curls.
Ashley Greene added some volume to her look.
Taylor Swift wore an asymmetrical fringe with her cascading waves.
How to get Side Swept Waves
1. Shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
2. Use a protective styling product that won't weight your hair down.
3. Dry hair roughly with a hairdryer, until almost dry.
4. Use a fine tooth comb to create a deep side parting, whichever side works best for you.
5. Separate your hair into small sections.
6. Using a wide-barreled curing tong, curl each section. Start with the top layer of your hair and work your way to the middle and bottom layers.
7. Wrap hair diagonally around the tong, starting about 5 centimeters from the root.
8. Once you've curled each piece, keep it wound up and pin it gently to your head with a small clip. By allowing it to cool this way, it will set better.
9. Once you've completed curling all your hair, you can remove all the clips and loosen the waves with your fingertips.
10. Spritz with hairspray and you're all glamed up and ready to go!