Hats & Hair Accessories
A beautiful hat tops off any outfit with glamour and sophistication. It's one of the easiest accessories to use. You just have to slip it on and immediately your entire look is up-ed a level. It's also a brilliant concealer of bad hair days, which is how Korean born milliner Eugenia Kim's brand was born. Eugenia cleverly disguised a bad haircut using a red feathered hat that she made at New York's Parsons School of Design. Her unique design was noticed by Soho boutique owners, who were were so impressed, that they wanted to see more. It seemed she had found her calling, and from there she began a hat-design business.
Eugenia uses luxurious fabrics and quirky, interesting embellishments on her hats. She also designs headbands, scarves and mens hats. Her CFDA-award winning hair accessories have been seen on the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker, Gwen Stefani, Nicole Richie, Madonna, Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Chloe Sevigny and many other A-list celebrities. She has also collaborated with fashion designers like Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren, creating exclusive designs for their runway shows. We can also get a piece of designer hair-wear with Eugenia's commercial-friendly range, as shown below.
1. Max Gold Leaf Fedora. A khaki felt hat with distressed metallic grosgrain band and bow. $275 / R2035
2. Kurt Fedora. A camel coloured mohair har with chain and braided leather detail. $297 / R2198
3. Max Fedora. A black 100% angora hat with twisted pleat grosgrain band. $297 / R2198
4. Max Pine Fedora. A sassy grey fedora with felt band and feather detail. $275 or R2035
5. Max Sequin Fedora. One of my favourites, a mink felt hat with glittery sequined chiffon band. $319 / R2360
1. Keely Small Ruffled Barrette. A 100% silk leopard print fascinator with twill bow. $77 / R569
2. Lila Braid Headband. An antique silver braided metal-mesh headband with ostrich feathers. $99 / R732.
3. Keely Small Ruffled Barrette. A gunmetal barrette with sequined silk bow. $99 / R732
4. Daniella Sequin Headband. A gunmetal or champagne coloured headband in sequined silk. $99 / R732
5. Farren Asymmetrical Bow Headband. A purple and green watercolour silk headband with large bow. $88 / R651
1. Gabriella Portrait Fedora. A black felt hat with a wide ribbon band and ostrich feather. $341 / R2523
2. Carly Floppy Hat. An olive wide brimmed felt hat featuring a tiger striped feathered band. $319 / R2360
3. Honey Felt Floppy Hat. A chocolate brown mohair hat adorned with feathers, sequins and a roped band. $385 / R2849
4. Cassidy Boho Fedora. A brown angora-felt hat with wide ribbon band. $341/ R2523
5. Zoey Hat. A sable shaded bohemian hat with gold studded band and asymmetrical brim. $319 / R2360
These splendid pieces are available from various online shopping boutiques like Saks, Net-a-Porter, Asos, Bluefly and Singer22. The prices vary slightly on each site, and the more delicate hats can't be shipped overseas. Visit the Eugenia Kim website to see more of her mens and womens range.