My blogging system has gone slightly haywire since my long weekend away on the east coast. It was nice to leave the cold behind and travel to a warmer destination. My time in Durban was fun and relaxing, but also very busy, with non-stop social visits, mall-hopping, dining out and going out. I only had a chance to take a few pictures, which I share with you below.
1. This was the beautiful view from our hotel on the beach. That was actually also the closest I went to the beach. As it was off-season, this tourist-friendly area was unusually quiet.
2. A scene from an incredibly fun ride on the Dodgems (bumper cars), which is a true testament to anyone's driving skills. Sometimes it's good to let go and relive your youth - even if it's only for 5 minutes. It wasn't surprising to see that we were not the only adults there.
3. On Friday night, we went to watch Monte Carlo, which stars Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy. Because the movie started only at 11pm, we had the entire cinema to ourselves, which was quite surreal and a little eerie at that time of night. It started out slow and tedious, probably because Selena's character was so lifeless. Luckily, it was Leighton who saved the movie from being a complete disaster, putting on a Blair-worthy performance. It was great seeing her & Katie (Juliette from Gossip Girl) together on screen again - and getting along too.
4. Every time I'm at the Gateway Theatre of Shopping, I stop by my favourite boutique, Lady and the Punk. I always find something amazing here, it perfectly fits my style - girly with a side of punk. On this occasion, they had a great choice of boyfriend blazers, chiffon dresses, quilted sling bags, bejeweled flats, wedges and lace cardigans.
5. On Saturday night, my darling cousin Ray took me to her favourite restaurant in KZN, Bel Punto. It's a lovely authentic Italian eatery in the coastal resort of Umdloti. It was so busy, that we almost lost our reservation. Bel Punto is famous for their delicious seafood and 'pollo alla diavola'. I will hopefully be returning for the lusciously divine expresso créme brulée.
That was a snippet of my wonderful weekend away...I hope you had a great one too!