Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Miley Cyrus' Makeover for Prestige Magazine

Cover Girl Miley Cyrus
Prestige Magazine September 2011

I was awestruck when I saw Miley Cyrus completely transformed on the cover of
Prestige Asia. The 18-year-old starlet has been primped and polished for her appearance in the magazine's September 2011 issue. For the shoot, she shakes off her tween image for a more sophisticated look. I can honestly say I've never seen Miley look this good, ever. I had become used to her unkempt hairstyle, tomboy-vs-risque outfits and minimal makeup. 

This is a welcomed change for the actress, she looks sensational in this photo shoot (I can't believe I just said that, but it really is true). Miley wears a mix of gorgeous designer gowns and a few sassy outfits that are more close to home. She may not be able to keep the clothes, but I do hope she keeps the sleek, straight hairstyle.


 On the cover, Miley poses in a scarlet silk chiffon gown by Gucci, which has a ruffled petal halter top, with tie-up bow and sheer black skirt.

 Miley is veiled in an aqua blue and black star print gown by Dolce & Gabbana. The floaty chiffon dress has long-sleeves and a tie-up neck bow. She wears black and gold statement star shaped earrings.


To the left, Miley rocks an embellished corset by The Blonds. Right: She wears a black satin and lace bodycon dress by Dolce & Gabbana, with peep toe heels by Christian Louboutin. The fitted silhouette is contrasted by an umbrella sized hat. 

 Purple, peach and pink are stirred into a pretty watercolour gown by Escada.

 Miley strikes a fierce pose in this intrepid ensemble. She wears a mammoth feathered coat by Yves Saint Laurent, over a black satin and lace lingerie set by Dolce & Gabbana. She seems more confident with this look.

 This is my favourite outfit, a cherry red Temperley London dress, with a ruffle-draped shoulder. She looks quite innocent in this pic, especially with the rose tiara.

 Miley relaxes in a forest green printed maxi dress by Emilio Pucci. Very demure.

The Disney star wears two outfits by Lloyd Klein. On the left she sparkles in a multicolored sequin gown with fishtail skirt. Right: Miley is dressed in a long leopard print coat with bright purple lining. Her high black boots are by Gio Diev. How cute are the puppies?

What do you think of Miley's new and sophisticated (albeit temporary) look?

15 comments:

Ima said...

Now I know why 'Miley Cyrus is pretty" or something like that is trending in twitter, thanks to you hehe. Yes I have to admit she looks good in that photoshoot.

G said...

The clothes look great :) But I duno.. dont you think she kinda looks awkward in the photos?

And yes, I hope you get to visit Prague someday!

-GAYLE IS VOLATILE

Rizza Lana said...

i love miley here! ;) and great blog BTW, following you now! ;)

Juli Photo Diary said...

She´s absolutely beautiful!
Great post!

www.juliphotodiary.com

Sovina said...

hey! thanks for your love on the blog.. I am glad you liked it :)
You have an amazing blog yourself..love all the details and the wide variety of posts..I will be back for sure..

Love
Sovina
http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

Haha thanks Ima...I had no idea about it being on Twitter.

ChiChi81 said...

I'm not a big fan of Miley, but I have to say she looks gorgeous with her new hair. She looks so chic and sophisticated in these photographs.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. I'm following you now, I would love for you to follow me as well.

Cheers!

Wi
A Single Girl's Musings

Marialu said...

The last pic is WOW!!!

Bailey Schneider said...

When I 1st started reading my thought was: "We are talking about the same Miley right??" and then I scrolled down.. You are SPOT ON! She looks sensational and classy! Very impressed... I hope it does stay. It suits her!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Sam said...

@ Bailey...lol, I was shocked as you are. She cleans up well ;)

Bree said...

Thank you very much for visiting my blog!
I don't really like photo's. There is something
strange about them...

xx
me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following us ... we follow you now too. : )

I think the gowns are beautiful! Ms favorite is the red one but I hate her hairstyle and her make up! : (

xoxo
http://cinderellaalert.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

I think the clothes she's wearing are stunning, but for some reason I don't like Miley's face. She's not ugly at all, but there's something about it I don't like at all. I do love this editorial however!

Loveee! Sam
http://sammthing.blogspot.com

Lydia Armstrong said...

Wow look at Miley!! She's definitely not a kid anymore.

Anonymous said...

Sie sieht einfach sehr schön aus, Das ist wenigsten guter Stil.Ich hoffe sie bleibt dabei. Sie sollte bei diesem Modestil bleiben.Und sich nicht verstellen was sie nicht ist.