Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gwen Stefani for InStyle Magazine 2011

Cover Girl Gwen Stefani
InStyle Magazine November 2011

With her signature platinum blonde locks and cherry red lipstick, Gwen Stefani is an iconic presence on the cover of Instyle magazine's November 2011 issue. The 42-year old singer and designer is photographed in glamourous and colourful gowns for the mag, where she dishes on family, fashion and fame. She also has a new clothing line out called 'Harajuku Mini". If it is anything like her primary label, L.A.M.B, we can look forward to more trendsetting styles. 


Gwen looks relaxed on the cover in a fuchsia gown by Marchesa with full tulip skirt and exaggerated strapless sweetheart neckline. I wish we could see more of the dress on her, as it's such a striking piece. Those outstanding bangles are by Lorraine Schwartz.

Gwen wears a Grecian style white gown with gold chain detail on the neckline and gathered waist. The dress is from Yves Saint Laurent's Fall 2011 collection.

Only Gwen could make fern green velvet look this good. Her cap-sleeved silk panne velvet dress with high neck and keyhole cutout is by Ralph Lauren.

Gwen's black floral sleeved dress is by Miu Miu. I like that this photo shows the voluminous sleeves in all their glory. The runway look doesn't have the same effect.

A heavily beaded rose pink silk jacket by Giorgio Armani is paired with teal charmeuse silk knickers. I'm more interested in those spectacular Jimmy Choo heels. The purple 'Marlene' sandals are garnished with deep turquoise feathers and drizzled with crystals.

This tribal print dress in Autumny colours is from her own line, L.A.M.B.

The exquisite detailing on this ruby red dress by Francesco Scognamiglio is beautifully visible in this photo. On the runway, we usually miss out on seeing those finer details. 

Gwen sparkles like a sapphire in a fully sequined wrap dress by Diane von Furstenburg. Her ornate 1970 Estate Chrysoprase necklace is by Van Cleef & Arpels. She wears a chunky diamond cuff on her hand by MCL (by Matthew Campbell Laurenza).

Gwen wears all these looks with such panache, which is your favourite?

27 comments:

Unknown said...

She is just so stunning. Her style is amazing and she's just so darn gorgeous!

www.iwouldsorockthis.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great post! ♥ Gwen looks amazing in those beautiful dresses!
p.s- I love your header! Did you create it yourself? (:

The Style Moodboard

Unknown said...

ooh I love the blue DVF dress! so gorgeous!

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

karin said...

Great post!! I love her she is so pretty and talented. InStyle is one of my favorite magazines.Love all the outfits. Thanks for your comment in my blog,if you like it we can follow each other.Kisses from www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

Bravoe Runway said...

I just got this in the mail today! Super excited to flip through it, love the blue number we see gwen in the last picture!

Anonymous said...

She looks great. Been a fan of Gwen Stefani since the early 90's when she was still with No Doubt :)
Love her L.A.M.B range.
xx
blog.diamondsanddust.co.za

Inma Orduna said...

Wowww I like the red one!

Thanks for your comment! ;-)

Fash Boulevard said...

Wow she looks amazing on the cover. I love how you paired the runway looks with her looks. Great post. :)

I would love if you could stop by my blog, Fash Boulevard. My latest post features a photo shoot I did for JewelMint! I would love if you could check it out. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

jkd said...

Gwen Stefani is gorgeous and always sooo stylish!

La Chica de la Máscara said...

Gwen this spectacular one!
Great pics
kisses

Sam said...

@ Linda Thank You. I wish I were that creative - jkd made my header.

MONICA SORS said...

I'm not a big fan of her but here she looks really amazing, so glam! And feather shoes are the best!

xoxo
Mónica

ROXY said...

i love gwen stefani :D srsly :D omg ! totally love that red dress , looks hot!

--thebabyrebel.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow I love this woman she's absolutely stunning!
I went to see her in concert a few years ago and she was amazing!!! For a woman of her age she can sure do a lot of dancing and jumping around whilst singing perfectly!! x

Unknown said...

Aah, the lovely Gwen, I've always loved her label too L.A.M.B, she's one talented ad amazing woman!

xX
Erika
http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

BeSugarandSpice said...

LOve this new collection of Gwen!!Kisses!!

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

oh that girl is such a mega babe! so much insp, she never does wrong and i love all the old footage of her in high school before they fully formed the group. she's a series of high-voltage visions for sure. ♥

Saint Folie said...

Gwen can handle anything. She's gorgeous.
We're so sad that she's leaving L.A.M.B for a while to focus on singing.

but she'll definitely come back.
Gwen Rulz.

bisou.

photographever said...

thank you :)
great post!

Miu said...

My favourite is the rose pink silk jacket with the Jimmy Choo heels.

This looks so good!

LeSimple said...

I like Gwen
xx

lesimple.sk

Fashionistable said...

This is a very well put together post. I love how you have teamed the editorial with the catwalk pictures. I think the last 2 dresses are my favourites. Xxxx

StaceyKo said...

love her! she's so gorgeous!!!

xoxo

Rakhshan said...

the GA silk jacket is divine n looks fab with the teal knickers n JC heels i love love!!;)

Meenakshi (meen-ak-she) said...

I love her!!! She is so talented!!
thanks for checking me out doll...I'm following you...hope you'll do the same :)

www.dashysassy.com

Jelena Zivanovic said...

She rocked all looks!!!!!! She looks amazing here, I love Gwen!:) Plus I love the way u combined InStyle pictures with inspired ones!;)
xoxo
Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

Anaivilo said...

Dresses and clothes in general look so much better in editorials than on the runways.. it's strange really. I love the way she looks in that blue dress..beautiful1 :D