Fashion Show 2011
The annual Victoria's Secret soirée took place in New York earlier this week, where a huge fuss was made over a little lingerie in an extravagant $12 million parade. While viewing the glamorous fashion show, I observed that there is a certain criteria to be met in order to be a 'Victoria's Secret Angel'. I've compiled a list for anyone interested in landing one of world's most sought after modeling jobs.
How To Become A Victoria's Secret Angel
* You will need to be at least 1.78m or 5f 10in tall
* Have a 34-24-34 frame, which is the equivalent to a size zero
* Be ridiculously gorgeous. If you're an 'exotic beauty', that will put you up the list.
* Have amazing legs that go on forever
* Naturally glossy long locks and porcelain skin is a must-have
* Have an electrifying smile with enough wattage to light up Times Square.
* You should probably give up carbs and chocolate...and food in general.
* Spend at least 4 hours a day in the gym doing some form of trendy toning exercises.
* Dating an equally good-looking and world famous rock star will amp up your appeal.
* And most importantly, you will have to wear itsy lingerie, walk in sky-high stilettos, carry a colossal pair of wings on your shoulders (that weighs 3 times your body weight) and look incredibly graceful while doing it.
If you fit all these requirements, Congratulations! You are on your way to becoming the Next Victoria's Secret Supermodel. As for the rest of us, we can just admire the exquisite creations that were shown at this years' Victoria's Secret runway show. P.S. Click on the image to see a larger version.
The surreal mermaid theme is brought to life by bevy of international beauties including Russia's (and Adam Levine's) Anne Vylitsyna, top Polish model Anja Rubik, China's stunning Sui He, pretty Swedish blonde Caroline Winberg and Maryna Linchuk from Belarus.
Step aside Batman/Spiderman/Superman, there is a new superhero in town and she is armed with a valiant cartoon coloured costume, daring thigh-high boots, a killer smile and a whole lot of sex appeal - which is often mistaken for a super power.
Be My Valentine
Wrapped in shades of Valentine, ribbon, feathers and tulle are Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr, Brazilian beauty Lais Ribeiro and New Zealand newcomer, Jessica Clark.
Supermodels of Swan Lake
A ballet-inspired theme in a sugary blend of sweet pink, lemon and dreamy blue hues. Chanel Iman makes leg warmers look sexy, Alessandra Ambrosio does her best impression of Black Swan, German model Toni Garrn flaps her butterfly wings and Dutch dame Doutzen Kroes strikes a dramatic pose in her blue and white tutu.
A Black and White Affair
These are my favourite costumes from the collection. Lily Donaldson's black and white ensemble with the vintage lace wings. Brazil's Flavia de Oliveira looks ravishing in all black. I love the striped and layered tulle skirt worn by Estonian model Karmen Pedaru. The umbrella adds a vintage touch to her alluring Edwardian outfit. Cameron Russell wears a coquettish number with a high-collared corset, suspended feathers and black lace gloves.
Brazilian supermodel and Victoria's Secret veteran Alessandra Ambrosio balances the elaborately beaded Passion Play wings, which weighs around 30lb/13kg. It's rumored to have taken seven years to make! South Africa's own dreamgirl Candice Swanepoel looks like a Grecian goddess with her gilded wings. Miranda Kerr brought the sensational show to a close, wearing a $2.5 million Fantasy Treasure brassiere, encrusted with 3400 precious stones. I'm guessing it comes with it's own safe and bodyguard.
So there you have it, another bout of the supermodel syndrome at the Victoria's Secret 2011 fashion show. I wonder if they get to keep the wings?