Saturday, August 04, 2012

Looks of the Week - 04/08/12

The weekly round-up of celebrity style on and off the red carpet.

Bright Around The Block
Jessica Alba continues in colourful style this week, mixing red, navy and cerise pink in this cute colour-blocked dress, paired with flat black sandals, a red shrug and black fringed bag.
Lily Collins dashed out in LA wearing a vivid coral button-up blouse, casually paired with dark wash skinny jeans, a brown satchel and red ankle-strap sandals.
Fearne Cotton coloured in the streets of London in this endearing horizontal striped frock in shades of purple and orange. A tan cross body bag and plum ankle boots complete her look.
Eva Mendes gives us exciting new colour inspiration with a striking neon tangerine t-shirt dress by 3.1 Phillip Lim, a mint green Rebecca Minkoff sling bag and sandy beige sandals.

The Neutral Zone
Jessica Biel strutted her nude Brian Atwood pumps along with a shimmery cappuccino coloured knit dress by Oscar de la Renta.
Olivia Munn looked posh in an ivory silk camisole with fitted animal print pencil skirt by Kate Frances and neutral toned peep-toe heels to match.
Candice Swanepoel showed off her chic supermodel street style in a simple white tee, flaired khaki skirt and flat braided sandals by Valentino.

Flirty Frocks
Jessica Biel give us another stellar look, sublime in a strapless pastel pink Christian Dior dress with a structured pocket A-line skirt. She completed her picture perfect outfit with fabulous metallic cap-toed heels by Louis Vuitton and a white Jimmy Choo clutch.
Hayden Panettiere welcomed the warm summer weather in a pretty floral frock by Z Spoke by Zac Posen, with nude ankle strap heels by Jimmy Choo.
Filming a scene for the upcoming season of Gossip Girl, Leighton Meester looked delightful in a fuchsia and black silk chiffon animal print dress by Red Valentino. An arresting pair of zebra print Brian Atwood platforms and floral Alexis Bittar earrings were added to her ensemble.

Spit & Polish
Rachel Bilson wears a charming boy-meets-girl outfit featuring an ivory Marlene Birger blouse fitted with a black bow and pocket seams. Her chic black peplum pants are by Alexander McQueen, with neutral pointy toe heels by Shoemint.
Maria Menounos does semi-casual with class, donning a black silk dress with high-low hemline by Jay Godfrey. She dissed the heels and opted for cute animal print flats instead.
Sophia Bush took on the menswear trend in a tailored ivory IRO blazer with contrast black lapel, worn with skin tight Helmut Lang leather leggings, a Chanel clutch & Louboutin shoes.
Lucy Liu brought her sultry style to the red carpet in a feisty cut-out black J. Mendel dress with black pointy-toe heels.


A Little Bit Eclectic
TV actress Ally Maki went for a uniquely adorable look in a sleeveless bow-printed Mimi Chica blouse with cream embroidered collar and bow. Her forest green velvet skirt is by American Apparel with black ankle boots by Steve Madden.
Nikki Reed attracted attention in an emerald green 'Dark Jewel' cap-sleeve dress by McQ Alexander McQueen which has an interesting cable design. Nikki added a splash of neon yellow with a Rebecca Minkoff clutch bag and stepped in studded black booties.
Holland Roland has been settling into her own quaint style, pictured here wearing a sheer cream lace top along with a vibrant yellow Alice + Olivia box-pleated bubble skirt. Holland accessorized with a crystal embellished Peter Pan collar necklace by Dannijo and open toe Alexandre Birman sandals.


Who is your favourite 'Look of the Week'?

55 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving the bright trend oh so much still is definitely my favorite one.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle
Enter my GIVEAWAY to Win A Pair of Gorgeous Colorblocking Wedges

Martin said...

Flirty Frocks are my favorites :)

look-scout.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

They all look amazing, but Eva Mendes is my fave!

Abhilasha said...

i love the colours on your blog.....

do visit mine too....im sure ull love it
pls follow if u do

lookingoodfeelingfab.blogspot.in

Elly said...

Loving all these looks but Holland Roland's would have to be my favorite! I mean how could anyone resist that Dannijo necklace! Love your blog, now following on GFC and Bloglovin! :)

http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great syles x

Ember Drake said...

I love all four outfits in the 'Spit & Polish' section but Sophia Bush and Rachel Bilson look especially chic!

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

james said...

Jessica Biel in the Oscar de la Renta... gasp! drop dead gorgeous!!

xx, james

Bodil Loïs Huisman said...

Really loving Leighton Meester her look!
such a pretty dress and Holland Roland her skirt is amazing :)
great post Sam :)

LOVE BO,
PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

Lilli said...

HI Sam! you alwayes show us the best looks! My favs this week are Eva Mendez, Jessica Bieal and Candice Swanepoel! Kisses and have a nice weekend dear!

Elisabeth said...

Eva Mendes looks amazing-she's for sure my favorite!
Concerning your comment on my blog: Yes, that's exactly why I love my job! :) You're right, people that know me, know that I'm a very proud Helsinkian, I've always been, haha!

xxx
E from Helsinki
http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

Fabliha said...

Jessica biel looks so stunning - I love the colour and silhouette of her dress and her accessories are amazing too
xx
INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT 

Dominika | Into the Bloom said...

Jessica Biel and Leighton Meester for the win, I am totally in love with their dresses, especially Jessica's first one!

http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

The Dragonfruit said...

Eva Mendes rocks the color! And I just love Hayden's pretty floral dress ♥

Enter to win a dress from Alainn Bella!
Trendy Teal

Alessandra said...

Loving Jessica Alba's look!!!

http://lapetiterobenoire-ale.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/lapetiterobenoire.ale

Carolyna's world said...

i love this first one

Ali Hval said...

I really like that first Eclectic look--there's something about the jewel shades (emerald!) that get to me. And paired with a collared shirt, it's just too pretty!

Jessica said...

love all of the super bright looks :D

-Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

tiebow-tie.com said...

Great pics! I like them all!

Gianella Peralta said...

Thanks for compiling these photos! I'd love to try all the trends here :)

Rakhshan said...

jessica biel's neutral gown is exquisite! and leighton looks so classy in red! good collection of looks all in all
xox

Anonymous said...

I can't get over Jessica Biel's Dior gown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my dream dress.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Denise said...

For me, the two dresses that Jessica Biel wore, the colors are lovely! Then Hayden Panettiere's floral dress, just the way I love it! And Leighton Meester's dress was like made for me! :) After seeing all these amazing outfits, I should now go out to buy something to cheer me up, but I confess I didn't like the shops here lately...!

CourtStar @ StarSystemz said...

HUGE fan of neutrals! Always a classy look especially during the day! Candice Swanepol is my absolute favorite! So chic and classy! Love and Shine CourtStar

Daniymendes said...

Ola td bom? Muito lindo os Looks, usaria todos com certeza!! otimo final de semana!

( ᐵ ᗜ ᑈ)ᘉ Endereço>> Dany's Place

Stephanie said...

You just always pick the best looks! Amazing!

http://fashionroll.net

rachel s said...

love all of this. thanks for the inspiration! x

Unknown said...

THEY ARE ALL AMAZING, JESSICA ALBA AND RACHEL BILSON WIN FOR ME!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING SUCH BEAUTIFUL COMMENT SON OUR BLOG, WE REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
XOXO




http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

Cathy said...

Always love your weekly roundups by category! I'm feeling the simpler looks this week...loving Eva and Candice :)

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

Sam sweetie I love your picks, I always look forward to these posts of yours!!! I love Jessica Albas colour blocking outfit and Jessica Biel looks incredible in both looks especially that Dior number, so so chic!! :)

Take care, Daniella xox

FASHION TALES said...

I love the ladies in the neutrals. Beautiful outfits.

Sin12012 said...

Spit & Polish and A Little Bit Eclectic . Those two are amazing !

xo ,
Ana Catalarrana
http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

Josie said...

I'm so in love with Ally Maki's skirt! Pleased it's from AA, maybe I can get my hands on it! And Jessica Biel in Dior...stunning! Love these posts, I don't think I've told you before that I do genuinely love your blog! I love celebs and I love fashion so it's kind of perfect and there's always so much thought put into the posts! xxx

Paris said...

Love Leighton Meester's and Lucy Liu's dresses! Such gorgeous inspiration :)

xoxo,
Paris

glitteratiandglamour.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

great blog!!! i love the neutral look. followed you!!

Izzy said...

thanks for all these celebrity style inspirations :) I love the way you categorise the trends. I'm really loving the neutrals group- Candice's look is perfect with the basic tee and the gorgeous shape of that skirt :)

metallicpaws.blogspot.com

A Life Un-Styled said...

I'm loving all the brights and neutrals this week! I hope you had a lovely, relaxing weekend Sam xoxox

Jelena Zivanovic said...

I will go for the "bright and neutral" ladies this week!:) Great selection as always my darling! I hope you're enjoying your Sunday!!! kisses and hugs

just me said...

they all look amazing :)
ExCurlyThoughts
FACEBOOK
BlogLovin

Unknown said...

Thanks dear for your comment. The Great Britain had their performance look made by Stella McCartney, with which she did an amazing job, but their parade look is from the high street house Next!
I love Next but that look was horrible.

margaret cruzemark said...

Lovely post. Eva Mendes has a great sence of style and Ryan by her side ofcourse. You have changed your profile pic. You look lovely my dear.
Thanks so so much for visiting a leaving a lovely comment on my blog.
Sending you kisses and hugs.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Giancarlo said...

Felice domenica a te...ciao

Marloes | The Style Sandwich said...

Absolutely loving these looks. Great choices! You have an amazing blog! x

xix said...

Sam, I'm following you now! Follow back~?
I think my new style idols are now Lily Collins and Rachel Bilson. They represent the two spectrums for me: Lily with her girly yet modest cute pieces, and Rachel with her strong, feminine, and sometimes more bohemian style. Love them both. ^^
♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

Kat said...

i love lily collins look! its so laidback and perfect :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

samecookiesdifferent said...

Love the 4th style - <3 Eva Mendez
X the cookies
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

Miu said...

I like Candice Swanepoel's outfit.

Audrey Allure said...

Loving the neutral looks!

Bailey Schneider said...

I have been such a scarce commenter on your blog - so sorry! Things have been manic!
Love the outfits - they're great!!
Much love, Bailey from  Vanilla Blonde

Fashion-Bridge said...

Colour and champaign beige are dominating in this post. I like;)
Love the most easy chic of Eva's look and of course GG Leighton looks fantastic

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

wow....I am loving this post,...everything is so pretty, like subscribing a magazine:)

EDGYMIX New Post-Hello KittyX Chanel Bag Fondant Cake

Franzi said...

Guess Candice's outfit is my favourite of all of these! :)
xx,
Franzi

itsnotjustabag.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Just love Jessica Alba! She is so beautiful and absolutely love her style!

Emilie said...

Love these kind of posts! Candice Swaenepoel always looks THE BEST! I want her outfit so badly :) Following you now, this blog is way to cool to miss any more posts :p

xxxx

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

hope in high heels said...

I love each of the outfits in flirty frocks - they're just gorgeous. Jessica Biel also looks great in her Oscar de la Renta dress, but I wish she'd worn open toed shoes... think they would have balanced her outfit a little better. Hope you're having a lovely week!