The gold Cleopatra collar necklace has become a phenomena in the accessories department over the past two years, and from it stemmed a whole new genre of jewellery. Models to celebrities and bloggers alike, we have seen collar and bib necklaces in every shape, colour and style. With so many options available, it is the easiest way to add instant glamour and flair to any outfit. This trend continues to thrive even as the seasons change. Here some statement making neck pieces, budget and designer, to introduce to your Fall wardrobe.
1. Dannijo 'Hilde' crystal covered Peter Pan collar in shades of bronze, pewter & gold. $745
2. Silver tribal styled geometric cut-out piece by Dorothyperkins.com £14
3. 'Lyn' metal necklace with tiered leaf design. Aldo, $25
4. Crystal tipped collar in rose gold from Asos. $25.55
5. Fully sequined gilded Peter Pan collar from Topshop. £14
6. Belle Noel gold plated multi-strand and beaded collar necklace. $190 from endless.com
7. Gold tone Cleopatra neck collar from International Concepts, via Macys.com. $30
8. Rounded multi-chain and draped collar necklace from Asos.com. $20.44
9. Orlay Genger by Jaclyn Mayer statement neck piece, hand crafted in twisted velvet rope, suede and black metal chain. $336 online via glam-net.com
10. Spiked rhinestone encrusted collar from JuicyCouture.com $148
11. Stainless steel 'Polli' collar in a delicate Danish lace and velvet ribbon design. £84 from hannahzakari.co.uk
12. Sparkly crystal Peter Pan collar perfect for a glam night out from MissSelfridge.com £17
Celebrity Inspired Metallic Collars
Troian Bellisario, Abbie Cornish & Kendall Jenner wear embellished collars for a glittering evening look, while Jessica Alba & Cobie Smulders keep things simply elite with gold and silver toned Cleopatra collars. Leighton Meester goes tribal with mosaics, Alicia Keys points to a bold angular style & Holland Roden pretties her look with a crystal Dannijo Peter Pan collar.
1. Blue and green gemstone studded crystal bees necklace from Zara. $30
2. Prettily painted enamel plate bib with turquoise hanging beads. Noir Hacienda via endless.com. $210
3. A dazzling prismatic neck adornment by Dannijo. This Swarovski covered 'Galapagos' collar is priced at $995. Dannijo.com
4. Multi-coloured tribal inspired Shiko necklace from Fiona Paxton's 'African Sushi' collection. $338 online via endless.com
5. 'Grace' silver linked chain, embellished with neon stones, $300 from Baublebar.com
6. Luminous layered yellow 'Mulholl and Drive' necklace by Kate Spade. $278 via endless.com
7. Inspired by the more expensive Dannijo design, this vividly coloured crystal beaded collar is by Boho for $11.99, available from Gofavor.com
8. 'Princess Pink' & yellow bib that stuns with gleaming neon stones. $85 from Baublebar.com
9. 'Sunset Chandelier' neckpiece in varying shades of orange. $28 from Baublebar.com
10. Ropes and coloured red stones add drama to this striking Zara collar. $30
11. Geometric mosaic neck piece in contrasting jewel tones. $35.95 from Modtoast.
12. A colourful floral bouquet is set upon this enamel 'Darling Buds' bib from Asos. $51
Celebrity Inspired Colourful Collars
Olivia Palermo's multi-hued bejewelled bib makes a eye-catching style statement. Carly Rae Jepson, Lily Collins and Indian beauty Lisa Ray accessorize their outfits with vivid neon neck pieces. Sophia Bush and Emma Stone add a coil of turquoise around their necks and supermodel Anja Rubik takes the trend up a notch with a diamond and emerald Chopard collar. Miroslava Duma adds even more colour to her printed look with a tiered Dannijo bib necklace.
Have you tried out the collar trend yet? Which do you prefer, the metallics or brights?