Saturday, January 05, 2013

Awards Season Evening Gown Wishlist 2013

The exciting Awards Season is upon us again, and for the next two months we can look forward to seeing gorgeous designer gowns styled on the red carpet. I've picked out my own wishlist of evening dresses I would like to see on Hollywood's most glamourous stars this season. 

Jewel Tones
As Pantone's colour of the year is emerald green, I thought this Zuhair Murad gown fell into the trend beautifully, for someone like Angelina Jolie or Jessica Chastain. The burgundy chiffon tiered Marchesa dress has an exotic Eastern flair, maybe brand fans Blake Lively or Jenna Dewan will try it on. I would love to see Emma Stone rock the sapphire blue Elie Saab gown, with her blonde hair. Katy Perry has already proved she wears Naeem Khan with ease. Emmy Rossum would be my pick for the ruby Zuhair Murad gown.

All Black
Black gowns are always a permanent fixture on the red carpet and these 5 looks are my favourites from the Fall 2013 collections. The Issa gown would look fantastic on just about anyone. The black embellished Elie Saab for Charlize Theron or Florence Welch. I'd like to see Olivia Wilde or Gwyneth Paltrow in the Badgley Mischka, hair up. Kristen Stewart or Gwen Stefani would bring the edge and attitude needed to the one-shouldered Lanvin suit.

Princess Dresses
Because every red carpet needs a princess dress. I'd pick the first dress for Kaley Cuoco, Zooey Deschanel or Naomi Watts. The Monique Lhuillier gown reminded me of Taylor Swift's style - all things glittery & girly. The sky blue Georges Hobeika gown has been worn before but I think it requires a far bigger red carpet moment, it's my favourite dress of F/W 2012 couture week. Carrie Underwood and Julianne Hough may find it appealing to their feminine style. I loved the romance of the ombre watercolour printed Zac Posen gown.

Brights
For a vivid splash of colour on the red carpet...I loved the electric orange hue of the Carolina Herrera gown. Julie Bowen and Ginnifer Goodwin wear this colour well. I liked the the green satin sheen, turquoise waistband and beaded heels of the Carlos Miele look. The acid green DVF dress would be a definite stand out look with it's fluorescent hue. I'm leaving this one to Solange and anyone in the Glee Club. The aquamarine Zac Posen mermaid gown and apricot Oscar de la Renta dress were made for Sofia Vergara, Reese Witherspoon and Emily Blunt. 

Pastel Romance
Scarlett Johansson and Jayma Mays came to mind when I saw the pretty shell pink peplum dress by Badgley Mischka. This uber sexy Versace gown would suit the stylings of Jennifer Lopez, Heidi Klum or Alessandra Ambrosio. The lilac dream of a gown by Georges Hobeika would look lovely on a Kate Mara or Emilia Clarke. I'd love to see the gold and peach Elie Saab dress on Keira Knightley. The embellished drop-waist and floaty chiffon skirt of this ice grey Jenny Packham gown would look beautiful on Leighton Meester or Jessica Biel.

 Navy Blues
An alternative to black, navy is a more subtle way to make an elegant entrance. The asymmetrical Matthew Williamson would be ideal for Amy Adams or Penelope Cruz. The dazzling Jason Wu seem to have Dakota Fanning's name stitched onto it. I'd like to see it on Jessica Alba. I thought of Kate Beckinsale or Ashley Greene in the navy lace Monique Lhuillier. I'd love to see Nina Dobrev in the beautiful chiffon snow specked Carolina Herrera gown.

Wild Cards


 This set of looks are quite a risk, they could either go very well and be fashion forward, or they could be a disaster of Everest proportions. I've got the first gown pinned down for the avant-garde stylings of Sarah Jessica Parker. We've already seen that Cheryl Cole does Stephane Rolland Couture great justice, and I think she'd be stunning in the bordeoux gown. Fan Bing Bing also does these complex looks quite well. I can only picture Diane Kruger in the flush pink ruffled Giambattista Valli couture gown. The edgy Saint Laurent (minus oversized hat and gloves) could work for Zoe Saldana or Amber Heard. I adore the frivolity of the last elaborately frilled red look by Giambattista Valli. I think it would be more suited to the Cannes Film Festival...someone, anyone please wear it (and no, not you Lady Gaga).

Pretty Pale
Blush or nude tone dresses have become a red carpet staple of late. The Carlos Miele cut-out dress for Mila Kunis, Selena Gomez or Kate Hudson. The exquisite embellished Marchesa gown may work for Michelle Williams' pixie style or Lily Collins. The silver fringed Oscar de la Renta make me think of Lea Michele, Vanessa Hudgens and Camilla Belle. I can imagine Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchett wear the ivory fringed Naeem Khan gown. Bella Thorne or Elle Fanning could make the most of the frothy tulle fairytale Tadashi Shoji gown. 

Would you also like to see any of the evening gowns on the red carpet this awards season? Who would you pick to wear them?

*P.S 'Looks of the Week' will resume as usual next week.


86 comments:

A said...

Lovely selections, I love the two Marchesa gowns!

Ice Goddhez Blog said...

I;m really a fan of ZUhair Murad and Ellie Saab. :) Great creations and designs! Lovely highlights! Cool picks Sam! :)


★♡ Not-so-good 2013 welcome ... (-_-) ♡★
Indressme Online Store: Rude Chat Support
Really sad ... I just won a giveaway and this was how I got treated ...


❤ ~Chai
http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage

Cathy said...

Wow! You know that I normally choose a couple of faves from your weekly celeb recaps, but you made it super tough with these gowns! I am in love with ALL of the jewel tones, especially the Zuhair Murad ones, and the navy blue dresses. I would love to see Nicole Kidman in the Marchesa dress :)

Unknown said...

LOVE ALL THE TEXTURES AND THAT STEPHANE ROLLAND DRESS IS ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!:))
XOXO

Ellen Grace said...

I wish I could afford these!! They are AMAZING! I love the last jewelled toned one and the versace and marchesa gowns are unbeliavably stunning! Great post

http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

x

Medusa said...

GREAT POST! Very in-depth & informative. You should be a stylist to these stars. You have better taste than their stylists often do. :)

Kacie Cone said...

Oh love the navy blues, that second navy dress is so magical looking!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

My favorites are Naeem Khan, Monique Lhuillier and Elie Saab! They are just awesome!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

im voting for emerald
Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

Valeria said...

What a beautiful selection. I really like these dresses: Zuhair Murad, Issa, Monique Lhuillier, Jenny Packham.
My favourite is definitely Oscar de la Renta dress!

Valeria.
http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it
http://www.facebook.com/ValeUrbanMarket

Aleksandra said...

My fav are of course the black ones !

http://www.olastory.com/

Unknown said...

hello, pretty! how are you?
I like your blog so much! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know!

Antonella C’est Moi said...

Happy week end kisses

Lilli said...

Hi Sam! You are very good to match the gowns with celebrities, I really like your proposes, I think Emma Stone will definitely rock in that blue dress as well as Charlize Theron with that lace gown! I agree on what you say about Angelina Jolie, though I see her perfect also in black or in navy! Love all the gowns, honestly I'd love to wear them too!:D Kisses dear and have a great weekend!:*

Jessica said...

Amazing selection!my fav is pretty pale!!
Have a great weekend :**

The Fashion Heels
Facebook
Bloglovin
Twitter

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow Sam! You never fail to excite my senses ;-)
I would pick anything by Zuhair Murad; I love the raspberry gown you've shown.
Wishing you all the best for 2013 Angel; hope this is the year we finally get to meet xx

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful gowns. I like the Pretty Pale ones. xo

LUXESSED

Ellie Balangue said...

Aw! I would love to wear one. :D Will keep this for future reference! :D

xx
ellie
http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com

Rosa Caruso said...

I loove PAstel Romance!

Unknown said...

i've seen your posts and i really love your purposes, i hope we could follow each other to stay in touch and see inmediatly our new posts. wish your all the best for this 2013

xoxo www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
Sergio,

Kaja Koster said...

super blog.
zapraszam do obserwowania.

VintageDanielle said...

The jewel tones are my favorite, such beautiful rich colors.

Katie Frank said...

Princess dresses are perfect <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Ali Hval said...

So many pretty dresses, so many options! These are all gorgeous picks, Sam. I really love that dress that Monique has. And the Zahid one in the first set is beautiful too. Lovely set!!

&& thank you for your kind comment of concern. You are too lovely. :)

erica marie said...

Seeing all the red carpet dresses is pretty much one of my favorite parts about the whole award show season. I love the pastel pink Versace dress and the navy Jason Wu dress.

xo erica

Anonymous said...

I am a lover of all black outfits, and so ofcourse I would choose any of the beautiful all black dresses! xx

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Marvelous, splendid lists my dear girl, from pastel to the jewel tones, I love how you divided all dresses!
Happy New Year Sam, my best wishes!!! <3

Carmen said...

Wow, these dresses are amazing! Especially the pastel and dark blue ones!
xx
www.clothesandcamera.com

Street Fashion Paris said...

They are gorgeous!!!

Marie said...

thanks for your nice comment :D

Have a nice day!

Bisous! Marie

Denisa said...

All that dresses are amazing. I love style like that, so elegant end faminine. Have a nice weekend.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Kaja Koster said...

yes, the pictures are of my performance. thanks.

Azize Demishi said...

Great post, I can chouse which is my favorite. Btw great blog wanna follow each other? Just let me know :D

Kisses

http://rosee96.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I hope to wear one of them sometime in the future.

www.visceralmaze.blogspot.com

Anu

Kashaya said...

These are all so beautiful!

Nonchalant Rebel said...

Nice post!

I like the versace dress

Mounia

Zaira said...

It is difficult to choose one:) they are all beautiful:)

Unknown said...

Wow, so many gorgeous dresses! love them all! Elie is my fav designer:)

Can you please vote for me here: http://bit.ly/UJuHHk You just have to like ModCloth on FB and than you can vote. It will take you only few seconds.

Thanks a lot!
Kisses, Lucy:)

TRENDSURVIVOR said...

Amazing post! I loved the colorful gowns but if I had to be one it would be blue!
xxx
Nina
http://trendsurvivor.com

Corinne said...

The last one out of the blue collection is amazing! I wish I could have it on me now please!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

margaret cruzemark said...

Oh, i am inlove with this Stefane Rolland black and white gown!
Best Regards and weekend wishes.
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

hope in high heels said...

What gorgeous taste you have... each of those gowns is stunning. I think you've picked the right people to wear them. Oh, I would so love to have occasions to wear some of these... the Zac posen ombre print, the ruby zuhair murad, the badgley mischka peplum and the monique lhuillier. They are beautiful works of art...

Adriana Carmen said...

Thanks for your lovely comment!Your blog is awesome!
http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I really really love the Marchesa and Monique Lhuiller dresses! Marvelous dresses you selected here!

Love,
Jolien

http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

kaila mo said...

I LOVE GOWNS they are all so pretty!. i like the jewel tones and pretty pale!

Sonshu said...

Love how you've analyzed and dissected everything, very well researched and well put across!

<3, Sonshu, www.thesonshu.com

Chris Ed said...

Hi Sam, lovely looks! I love the Zuhair Murads dresses the most! Happy weekend:) kisses chris

Ellen Grace said...

The Murad and Posen dresses are AMAZING!! Wish I could afford them :( great post

http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

x

Unknown said...

Loving all the dark black dresses... super cute recompilation !
Kisses form Miami,
Borka
www.chicfashionworld.com

Fashion Scanner said...

Great choices! We have similar tastes :)

Style Your Favourite Celebrities: http://fashionscanner.onsugar.com/Style-Your-Favourite-Celebrities-2013-Awards-Season-26476567

Diana Marks said...

This is the best post ever! I love all those beautiful gowns!!

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Bravoe Runway said...

I definitely prefer a simply evening gown but when it comes from a designer like Elie Saab or Marchesa....you got to get the whole 10 yards!

Ember Drake said...

The Zac Posen princess dress and navy blue Monique Lhuillier gown are my absolute favourites - I can't wait to see if any celebs choose them this awards season!

And I completely agree on the orange Oscar de la Renta dress - I took one look and thought Sofia Vergara! :-)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

Sofies closet said...

Beautiful dresses! :D

Demi Mist said...

I like all of them, but I fell in love with the black dress of Badgley Mischa!

Unknown said...

They are all so amazing!
I can't wait to see the Marchesa dress on Blake Lively she will totally wows in it!

Leonor said...

I just can't pick a favourite!! they're all so perfect!!:) Thank you so much for your comment:)) I answred it on my blog:) keep in touch dear:)) happy sunday! also, I have a new post now and would love to know your opinion on it!!

Leonor
thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous gowns! I love the princess gowns, pastel gowns and the pale ones. I think the Elie Saab is my favorite! I hope your predictions come true, those people would look gorgeous in these dresses!

Unknown said...

Those are all beautiful gowns! Great finds!Please check out my blog, I would love to hear what you think of my latest post!

Happy New Year!

P.S. I am your newest follower!

xo
Deanne

MyFashAvenue.blogspot.ca

FASHION TALES said...

These are incredible. I really adore Monique Lhullier and Zuhair Murad. Hope you're doing well dear. xx

Imogen said...

THis is an amazing post. I loved looking at all of these. I adore the jewel tones, how beautiful. Of course, pastels are always lovely too.

Jacy said...

Wow, what an incredible collection of gowns. I cannot even imagine getting to wear any of these!
If I could choose any dress it would have to be between the tangerine Oscar de la Renta (divine color), the emerald Zuhair Murad, or the silver fringed Oscar de la Renta. Can you tell I'm a huge Oscar fan?? haha. Gorgeous post though - I loved that you wrote about which celebrities you could see wearing each gown and I completely agreed with every one!

~Jacy

www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

Izzy said...

once again I love the array of gowns you have selected! odd to see such bright and fluorescent evening gowns but I love the vibrant colours :)

Metallic Paws

Mimi said...

these dresses are so so so beautiful! so excited for awards season to start! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

luxurious evening dresses! God! they cost a fortune! worthy of the King!
Diana
double-ganger.blogspot.com
facebook

Penny and Polaroids said...

Love this post! Such amazing gowns, I love the gothic black and navy's!

www.pennyandpolaroids.com

Laura Dittrich (Fashion Landscape) said...

All of them beautiful and amazing gowns! A delight to the eyes. x



Fashion Landscape

GeorginaGoodman said...

wow jewel tones are perfect

www.georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk
xxx

Irène Latoudis said...

Elie saab always makes beautiful dresses! What a great post!
xoxo

Mónica C. Welton said...

I hope you have a wonderful year!
Love,
Chicks in Feathers
Chicks in Feathers FB Like it?
LEMNISCATE

Unknown said...

LOVE !



Kisses from Bucharest,

Silvia

http://rock-and-roses.blogspot.ro/

Nhi said...

thank you so much for stopping by!:) I hope you are doing well and you had a wonderful weekend! our exams are getting closer... ahhh

i love the gowns you picked out and i'm sure we're going to see some (or maybe all?) of them on the red carpet. i think the navy blue ones are really popular this year:) my favorite one is the one by Jason Wu.
i also totally agree with the celebrities you associate to those dresses - i'm really excited to see who will wear what:)
lots of love xx

Miu said...

My favourite dresses are the burgundy Marchesa dress, the gold and peach Elie Saab dress and the navy blue Carolina Herrera dress.
However, I don't know which star would look best wearing them.

Emily said...

My absolute favorite is that red and gold Marchesa gown. It's incredibly stunning, so rich and opulent. I also love the edgy black and white wild card look.

May the force be with you.
Emily

c said...

oh gosh all those evening gowns are so amazing!

<3

Rosie said...

They're all so amazingly gorgeous!! My favorites are without a doubt the navy blue ones!! Gorgeous!!

xoRosie
http://teacupsanddresses.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Zakharova said...

Gorgeous selection! Nice post, thank you for share! Also thank you so incredibly much for the comment you'd left on my blog:)
Have a fabulous time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Josie said...

I absolutely love this post! You should be a stylist, I think you've paired the dresses with exactly the right ladies. Cannot wait for awards season, love see the red carpet looks. I'm most excited to see Jessica Chastain because I think she is absolutely stunning xxx

Anonymous said...

I pefer jewel colors. I don´t like all black for the awards.
http://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/

mademoiselle mode said...

I looooove all dresses ^^

I love your blog and univers
Please come visit my blog
Kisses ♥
http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

Olya said...

Great selection of dresses! Nice blog and article. :-)

Would you like us to follow each other?

www.creativesideofme.com

agasuitcase said...

All are absolutely stunning!
Kisses
Aga

Check my new post
www.agasuitcase.com

Fashion-Bridge said...

I'm really the biggest fan of Zuhair Murad, Elie Saab en Marchesa - the gowns of these brands are breath-taking, the ones a princess dreams to marry in and the evil queen to conquer the world;)

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Indira Cherietmoi said...

All of the gowns are so beautiful! I love your pics! Must admit that Elie Saab's really caught my eyes. ^_^

MJ said...

OMG. Love all the gowns!!

Evening Dresses said...

Wow.Nice dresses.All celebrities are looking gorgeous.