Thursday, January 10, 2013

Red Carpet - People's Choice Awards 2013

People's Choice Awards 2013
Red Carpet Fashion

Awards Season kicked off last night with the People's Choice Awards. Here are some of the must-see looks from the red carpet. 

Mae Whitman went for a structured look with a geometric-cut LBD and nude peep-toe pumps. Julianne Hough's star-sprayed dress in a Milky Way of cosmic shades is by Tony Ward Couture, with metallic heels by Giuseppe Zanotti. Jennifer Lawrence picked up an award in a shimmery black Valentino dress, with silver soled Nicholas Kirkwood shoes. Daytime actress Alison Sweeney showed off her curves in a sexy bronze mini dress with plunge neckline.


Chloe Moretz brightened up the red carpet in blinding neon yellow, her cute floral lace frock is by Simon RochasEmma Watson wore an intricately cut-out digital print dress by Peter Pilotto. Edgy Tabitha Simmons ankle strap sandals complete her look. Glee's Lea Michele was haute pink in a stunning embellished mini dress by Elie Saab, with matching sandals. Sitcom actress Casey Wilson looked engaging in cobalt blue, her flirty Catherine Deane dress is accompanied by a pink clutch and dazzling nude sandals by Jerome C Rousseau.


Kaley Cuoco enchanted in a pastel pink Christian Siriano dress, with delicate printed tulle overlay. Her satin sandals are by Giuseppe Zanotti. 'Beauty and the Beast' actress Kristin Kreuk made an interesting choice with this peach ruffled & sequin ensemble by Jean Fares, paired with an aqua Blumera bag & nude heels. MTV star Ashley Rickards pleasantly surprised me in this beautiful ivory & gold beaded gown by Aidan Mattox. 'Grey's Anatomy' actress Ellen Pompeo was sophisticated in a cream silk pleated gown with black leather belt, by Lanvin.


Heidi Klum strikes a pose in a complex cut-out Julien MacDonald gown with twisted gold braided detail. Naomi Watts opted for an Alexander McQueen gown with gold sequined bodice and black column skirt. Rumer Willis stole the spotlight from some of the bigger stars in the stunning silver and black sequined striped Alice + Olivia gown. 'Arrow' actress Katie Cassidy stepped out in a black and gold specked jumpsuit with V-neck and palazzo-shaped pants.


Taylor Swift is elegance personified in this figure skimming Ralph Lauren gown with daring neckline, accessorized by turquoise Sutra earrings. Sitcom actress Taylor Spreitler wore a gunmetal grey Grecian gown with bejeweled waistband. Brittany Snow was radiant in a buttercup yellow gown with cut-out sides and low-V neckline by Maria Lucia Hohan. Her metallic heels, like Julianne's, are by Giuseppe Zanotti. 'Perception's' Rachel Leigh Cook made a welcomed appearance on the red carpet in this winsome teal blue strapless gown by Oliver Tolentino, styled with a silver collar necklace. 


Who was your favourite or least favourite at this year's People Choice Awards?

50 comments:

Rahul Bhatia said...

Dazzling outfits and difficult to choose for awards, Sam:)

Valeria said...

I really like Ashley Rickards dress. Lovely selection!

Valeria.
http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it
http://www.facebook.com/ValeUrbanMarket

Antonella C’est Moi said...

amazing looks!!kisses

Unknown said...

thank you for following !! i'm following you back on GFc!!
xoxo

little luxury list said...

I usually love Jennifer Lawrence, but she is way too tan. The blush and black selections are my favorites!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Ellie Balangue said...

Emma Watson and Taylor Swift <3

xx
ellie
http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the looks.. I love all it's so hard to choose my fave!I absolutely LOVE taylor swift's look, also Heidi Klum looks stunning (as usual)! xx

Josie said...

No one really stands out for me here but I think Jennifer Lawrence looks amazing as always! Thank you for your lovely comment by the way, it was so sweet. I'm sorry that your camera went swimming haha! xxx

Lilli said...

Hi Sam! Thanks for sharing, I still havent checked it out the look! Mmm, I think they all wear a perfect gown for the occasion, though I dislike the choice if Emma Watson, with her figure could dare more! Btw, Taylor Swift looks so fab, always love to see her look, as well as Naomi Watts and Ellen Pompeo!:) Kisses dear and have a great day!♥

c said...

they look fabulous!
<3

Unknown said...

Taylor Swift is amazing!!!!

Sara Louise said...

I love award season!
Ellen Pompeo's and Rumer Willis's (never thought I would say that) are my favorite!

Fashionthroughtravel said...

Such great looks ! My favorite trends are the colorful and the neutral dresses.

Lilli said...

Denisa said...

I like all that dresses. Are amazing. Have a nice day.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Gina said...

My favs are Taylor Swift, Ashley Rickards, and I love Jennifer Lawrence's dress but I would accessorize it differently.

Have a lovely day, sweetie...
XO, Gina
http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

The Dragonfruit said...

Loooove Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence!

Trendy Teal

Caroline Susanto said...

My fave are Rachel Leigh Cook and Ashley's! :)


Caroline
http://missoline.com

Unknown said...

Best look for Taylor Swift!
Http://crazyheelsblog.blogspot.com

RaindropsofSapphire said...

I love the pop of yellow and the neutral dresses! Everyone looks really good! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

www.raindropsofsapphire.com

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Awards season is the perfect time for a fashion gawker like me. All these ladies look fantastic. I especially like Naomi Watts gown. She looks so statuesque and the gold is very glam.

Rowena @ rolala loves
Enter my Shabby Apple Necklace Giveaway!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

I watched last night! Love these types of award shows where it's more relaxed. I though that Naomi Watts looks amazing and love Sandra Bullock's dress and her bright pink lips! All of the girls looked fabulous although I wasn't that fond of Emma Watson's. :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

bridechic said...

Love the Taylor Swift look!

oxoxoxo from San Francisco
Amy
http://bridechic.blogspot.com

Marlen said...

Ohhh Lea Michelle, the woman can do no wrong in my eyes. God, I wish i had an excuse to wear amazing ball gowns =P

xix said...

Ahh my favorite dress has to be Chloe Moretz's. She's just a ray of sunshine, in it. I'm kind of disappointed by Jennifer Lawrence's pick - I'm not sure why, but it feels kind of gaudy to me?
Anyways, have a wonderful day! <3

♥ xixia

Unknown said...

lovely dresses. <3 like the post.

How about following each other? If yes, please let me know. Have a nice day!
http://mastylee.blogspot.com/

VintageDanielle said...

I loved Jennifer's, chloe's, and Talor's dresses; so gorgeous!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

My favorite is taylor swift. Least favorite emma watson.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Elisabeth said...

I loved Ashley Rickards' look! Thank you for leaving such a kind comment on my blog! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you during 2012!

xxx
E from Helsinki
http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

I haven't seen any photos or anything at all until I read your post. Taylor is my absolute favourite here. x

Unknown said...

Rumer together with Taylor are my favorite!

Kisses, Lucy!

Unknown said...

Hey Love your post dear, really<3

Wanna follow each other?let me know
See you soon on my blog dear..

Xoxo,Ila

margaret cruzemark said...

Love Ellen Pompeo's boho styled dress!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Wish I'd own each one of these dresses!

Your blog is awesome; You've got yourself a new follower dear! :)

Lots of love; Pauline
www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love Julianne Hough's cosmic dress, and also the nude sparkly one on Ashley Rickards.. Gorgeous pieces! I wish there was a high street version of all of these soon, heh. ^^

x Thanks for the comments love!

Satu
Indie by heart

Nhi said...

ohhh i totally missed the show! but thankfully you're so up to date and i always get the latest fashion news hihi. the bright color dresses are wonderful - lea michele's is my favorite one:) she also has a nice tan which looks perfect with her dress. i also love taylor swift's, red & white seem to be her favorite colors lol.
hope you're doing well! just one day to go and then it's finally weekend!
looking forward to your friday frills post;)
lots of love xx

Unknown said...

I like Mae Whitman and Taylor Swift's dresses best :)
Good post!

Following!

http://annettibus.blogspot.ie/

Stephanie said...

Goodness, all of these dresses are so pretty. If only I could get my hands on em'!

Adriana Carmen said...

They are all so beautifull!Great post!
http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

Kashaya said...

Lots of gorgeous dresses!

Carolyna's world said...

Pompeo and Tylor Swift dresses are my favourite :-0
like always so great post dear

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

I must admit I am not a Taylor Swift fan, but I did love her dress -perhaps in another color though-I think it's too pale for her (just my humble opinion).
Hope you are well Sweets xx

Unknown said...

All these gals look gorgeous! Also, I love the poem you posted! I'm your newest follower :) I hope you follow my blog too!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
www.daisyraeboutique.com

Kacie Cone said...

My favorite is Taylor Spreitler, I don't know who she is but she looks great!

Ice Goddhez Blog said...

Taylor Swift's post-breakup look! She's gorgeous! :)

★♡ Clothingloves.com Feature! (^_^) ♡★
Clothingloves.com Black & White Ensemble and Winners of my 1st Blog Giveaway!
...and congrats to my 1st Blog Giveaway Winners

❤ ~Chai
http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage

Elly @ Caribbean Living said...

Ooh, gorgeous post, love all these looks! Think my faves are the row of whiteys/blush/peach gowns - especially Ellen Pompeo and Kristin Kreuk, those sequins are DIVINE!

Chris Ed said...

Hi Sam, lovely looks! I like Taylor Swift´s outfit the most! Kisses chris

Danny said...

Naomi Watts gorgeous as always :)

Fashion-Bridge said...

All the ladies look more than stunning but my absolutely favourites are women in white - Ellen Pompeo and Taylor Swift. How gorgeous are those gowns/!

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Miu said...

I like the dresses worn by Julianne Hough (although I have never heard of her before^^) and Rumer Willis.