Monday, January 14, 2013

Red Carpet - Golden Globe Awards 2013

Golden Globe Awards 2013
Red Carpet Fashion

The second most anticipated awards show, (after the Oscars) took place in Hollywood last night, luring out some of the most exquisite evening gowns. The Golden Globes red carpet was glittering with A-list stars, all dressed to the nines and beyond. Here is an overview on who wore what. Click on the images for a larger view. 


At First Blush
Ballet blush pink was the most romantic shade of the evening, beginning with Amy Adams stunning in a Marchesa bustier gown with trumpet tulle skirt. Megan Fox followed in an ivory lace gown by Dolce & Gabbana. This is the best I've ever seen Hayden Panettiere look, she added a magenta pink clutch to her beautiful pale pink Roberto Cavalli gown. Amanda Seyfried went draped and laced in an ethereal Givenchy gown.

Red Alert
The most statement-making shade of the event was crimson red. Claire Danes looked incredible just a month after having her baby, while Zooey went bold and retro in an Oscar de la Renta strapless ballgown. Both Marion Cotillard and Jennifer Lawrence were dressed by Raf Simons for Dior, in scarlet dresses with leather black belts.

Midnight in LA

A few midnight blue hues were spotted, first on a shimmering Jodie Foster in Armani. Morena Baccarin stood out in this interesting pleated gown by Valentino, featuring sheer sleeves and a black sequined panel down the front. 'The Good Wife' Julianna Margulies picked out this lace embroidered dress by Emilio Pucci


 Stardust
Intricately embellished evening gowns were a highlight on the red carpet. From soft metallic silvers to rich gold tones, dresses were beautifully beaded and fitted with lace. Emily Blunt seems to favor cut-out dresses while Michelle Dockery was sculpted in a Vauthier couture column gown. Kerry Washington was splendid in her sheer beaded tea-length dress by Miu Miu. I loved mum-to-be Kirsten Bell's enchanting lilac grey gown by Jenny Packham.


Back to Black
Black seemed the most popular colour of the evening, with more than a dozen stars wearing charcoal gowns. Both 'Modern Family' actresses Sarah Hyland and Sofia Vergara opted for strapless corset gowns. Julianne Moore went modern minimalist in a Tom Ford ensemble. Stacy Keibler was statuesque in a silver ribbed Armani gown and Debra Messing placed all the drama of her Donna Karan gown on the heavily ruffled skirt.

 Ocean Breeze
Serene sea breeze shades were a breath of fresh air. Rosario Dawson & Jessica Chastain wore very similar aquamint hues. Nicole Richie went demure in a long-sleeved sky blue embroidered Naeem Khan gown, while Lucy Liu fearlessly wore a floral curtain print ballgown. Thandie Newton kept an edge over the others in a crystal encrusted mini by Giles, with pink heels.

Motley Crew
A few mixed looks that may interest you from the event. Emily Deschanel looked regal in an embellished shouldered Badgley Mischka gown. Julie Bowen brought some colour to the carpet in a unstructured teal Halston gown. Cody Horn was poised in a lavender Vionnet dress with black banding. Olivia Munn was dressed in a turquoise and black Armani column gown. Show host Tina Fey opted for a shorter length in this floral embroidered L'Wren Scott dress.

Berry & Burgundy
Aubergine was seen on 'Girls' actress Lena Dunham in Zac Posen, as well as Taylor Swift, who wore a custom-made Donna Karan gown with imposing train. Jennifer Garner shimmered in a cranberry red Vivienne Westwood dress, while Naomi Watts impressed in her exquisite burgundy look with attached trail of fabric by Zac Posen.

Bringing Sexy B(l)ack
Kate Hudson was outstanding in a figure-loving McQueen gown with cut-out neck and gold embellishments. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore an alluring halter-neck look from Saint Laurent with wide leather belt, which was another favourite from my awards season wish list. Nicole Kidman also opted for Alexander McQueen, her column gown featured a sheer studded bodice. Eva Longoria and Katherine McPhee both put their best foot forward in sexy black gowns with revealing necklines and thigh-high slits.

Sorbet Sensations
Sienna Miller is back on the red carpet circuit, making waves in a flouro-pastel Erdem dress with 3D floral appliqués. Kelly Osbourne's peppermint fish-tail gown is by Zac Posen, her lavender tresses match the pastel theme. 'Modern Family's' Ariel Winter delighted in a floral printed frock by Valentino. I was excited to see Jessica Alba wear this melon silk faille mermaid gown by Oscar de la Renta, which was on my red carpet wish list. Halle Berry shows off her amazing figure in an asymmetrical printed Versace gown with high slit.

White Light
Anne Hathaway was imperial in a elegant white Chanel gown. Jennifer Lopez in yet another fitted nude illusion bodice dress with strategic embroidery. Julianne Hough played the fairytale princess in this wonder of a gold-beaded white gown by Monique Lhuillier, which I also had pinned to my wish list. Lea Michele was ravishing in a fully beaded Elie Saab gown. Heidi Klum jumped on-board with the high-slit trend in a one-shouldered Alexandre Vauthier couture gown.


Who is your best and worst dressed at this year's Golden Globe Awards?

87 comments:

Unknown said...

They all gorgeous! But Jessica Alba deftly the best!

Kacie Cone said...

Everyone looks so beautiful but my fav is Amy Adams! My worst is probably Ariel Winter, not feeling that look for the occasion!

Valeria said...

Love the "Stardust" selection. Nicole Richie's dress is simply gorgeous.

Valeria.
http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it
http://www.facebook.com/ValeUrbanMarket

katie said...

Oh my gosh, yes! I didn't even recognize Hayden the first time I saw in this dress, she looks so grown up and gorgeous, this was such a fantastic dress for her and such gorgeous hair/makeup. I want to see her dress like this all of the time. Anne Hathaway is always a win for me but I love her even more this time around with her shorter hair. (Like seriously, she never looks bad, she's just gorgeous. And she can act to boot!) I also love seeing Kelly Osborne now, I remember her back in the day and it's so cool to see what a lovely lady she's grown up to be, that lavender hair is just amazing on her.
I think Zooey is the only one I'm sort of disappointed in, that gown doesn't really seem very "her" or really that special, it's just a big red ball gown. But at least she still has such beautiful hair.

Nicole said...

Wow, some beautiful dresses here - Michelle Dockery, Jessica Alba, Julianne Moore, Stacy Keibler and Emily Blunt looked really beautiful. :)
xxx

Unknown said...


Great Post!

Loving the dress of Nicole :)

Love,

Jen

www.the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

Elly @ Caribbean Living said...

Oooooh, loving this round up Sam! Those blush beauts are my fave I think, closely followed by the goldies. Megan Fox and Isla Fischer are look especially stylish, love it! This is making me want to find some glam night to go to just so I can play dress up, is that weird?!

A Life Un-Styled said...

I thought Morena Baccarin's Valentino gown was the most interesting in terms of all those elements. I've just kept going back to it!

FASHION TALES said...

I missed viewing it this year, sadly! But, I am in love with Rosario Dawson's dress. Also adore Isla Fischer's gown. :)

Fashion-Bridge said...

Beautiful post dear! You nailed it as always though! I was looking through Golden Globe photos the whole morning. My favs are definitely Amy Adams in her stunning Marchesa gown, Jessica Alba in beyond gorgeous peach Oscar de la Renta and Jennifer Garner in fabulous Vivienne Westwood

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Love the Stardust selection!!

The Fashion Heels
Facebook
Bloglovin
Twitter

beautiful me plus you said...

wow amazing outfits.. really well put together! thank you for sharing!
xxx Marina

beautiful me plus you by Marina Bergmann

little luxury list said...

Wow, my favorites are all the ladies in blush and white (who knew that the styling would be the best there though the colors are the softest!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Imogen said...

WOW! Ariel WInter is the best. She is always my favourite look at red carpet events. I can never say anything bad about Taylor Swift either because I love her so much. Lucy Liu certain stands out. I love the red gowns and all the ones in the first row.

Andreja said...

really really gorgeous! love it!
BITE MY STYLE

miasmode said...

So many amazing looks. I think everyone looks really great. My favs: Amy Adams, Kaley Cuoco and Nicole Richie <3

New post David Guetta and the glamDevils

xo

glamDevils

Lilli said...

Hi Sam! Thanks for your words dear, I was just visiting you!:) Oh thank you for this post, I have see all the look but so fast this morning so I missed some! You know, my absolutely fav were the ladies in b(L)ack!^^ Especially Rosie with her Saint Laurent gown (that I'm sooo craving!) and Kate Hudson in AMQ are so flawless sexy and classy! But I also loves Claire Danes, Amanda Seyfried and Anne Hathaway, she is the modern Audrey for sure! While I always dislike Kelly Osbourne! Kisses dear and happy monday!♥

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

The stardust group gets my vote 100%. x

Gina said...

Amy Adams, Amanda Seyfried, Taylor Swift, and Jessica Alba get my votes for best dressed. I agree, Hayden Penetierre looks great too!

Have a lovely day, Sam
XO,Gina
http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

Wow wow wow!!! All these ladies look incredible in their stunning gowns! I love the Berry and burgundy section, I don't feel we always see a lot of this colour on the red carpet, so it;s quite refreshing. My favourites are Ann Hathaway, Taylor swift (unusual choice for me) and Jennifer Garner also looks amazing! Really great post Sam :)

Take care and have a great week,

Daniella xox

Carolyna's world said...

honey,
you made so great job with the red carpet dresses :-) Now I can see them much more than last night :-) I like so many of them. It's quite difficult for me this time say who is the dress winner :-)

Madame Chic Bcn said...

Difficult to choose the best one. I'd go for heidi Klum, Naomi Watts or Kate Hudson... But the worst, in my opinion, Sienna Miller...
xoxo
Patricia

http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

Bailey Schneider said...

I can't choose - I think they got it very right this year, but I side-eye Sienna Miller - Poor in Pastel!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Silvia Negretti said...

Gorgeous dresses!
Hard to choice just one, maybe Kaley Cuoco or jennifer lawrence ones...
Definitely Jessica Alba, Taylor swift and Nicole Kidman look better!
xxx
S

http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

Bodil Loïs Huisman said...

Lea Michelle, Jennifer Lopez and Megan Fox look gorgeous!

LOVE BO,
PurePreciousPerfection.com

Denisa said...

Very nice dresses and the red are for me winners. Have a nice day.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

The Dragonfruit said...

I can't even name favorites this time - everyone just looks stunning!

Trendy Teal

Rosa Caruso said...

Wooow che abiti da sogno *___*
Good Monday!!
Chocolate Rose Style

BELULOVE said...

REALLY REALLY GOD LEVEL!!! ALLL OF THEM FANTASTIC

ISSES

Mercedes Maya said...

love michel locherey!
xxx
www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

i love red gowns <3

A Very Sweet Blog said...

my favorite was katharine mcphee. my least favorite was halle berry.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Aleksandra said...

Love Naomi Watts dress !

http://www.olastory.com/

VintageDanielle said...

After every award show, I can't wait for your fashion review posts. I adore Jennifer Lawerance's, Kate Hudson, and Lea Michele. I just don't know why Lena wore that frumpy off the shoulder dress, it just wasn't working for her.

Always Maylee said...

For the most part, everyone looked GORGEOUS this year! My favorites were Kate Hudson and Jennifer Garner. Just beautiful.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

GeorginaGoodman said...

love the lighter ones :)
http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk
xxx

Nhi said...

Hi Sam! hope you're doing well:) i had my first exam today... and basically had to time for any celeb news - but your blog is a must hihi. and since the golden globes is an important event i don't want to miss the best gowns!:)
what a surprise! taylor swift didn't wear red or white lol.
most of them look soo beautiful - love jessica alba's and namoi watts' the most. and lucy liu is an eye catcher, she looks like a princess!:)
thanks so much for this summary!
lots of love xx

Ivana said...

Oh Sam, I knew I could count on you to have the most perfect roundup with the perfect commentary! You are so amazing and I LOVE this post! I was really blown away by all the beauty strutting down the red carpet, but I think that Lea Michele was my absolute favorite: her gown was so dreamy, chic, beautiful and glamorous! Perfection!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Borjana said...

Oh wow!I'm drooling over:)
xx
B.
http://www.beeswonderland.com/

mademoiselle mode said...

Magnifique ma belle ^^
J'adore tes lunettes

Kisses
http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

mademoiselle mode said...

love Lucy liu's dress

Anonymous said...

The majority look great! It's hard to say which one is the best... Not many misses this year.

LUXESSED

Unknown said...

all the pretty birds...:)

Unknown said...

Hi Sam,
Fabulous job!! We knew you'll bring us this amazing post. Thanks for sharing.:)
For some reason, we weren't amazed like we were at last years Golden Globes. Everyone just looked pretty and glamorous. But our favorites will have to be Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I must say, there were definitely more hits than misses for me this year. Big, big fan of Julianne Hough's dress.

UpGrade said...

Amazing dresses, I like Kate Hudson's the best.

I hope you will visit my blog:

http://www.perfection-and-harmony.blogspot.com/

and maybe follow if U like.

aki! said...

I was really surprised by Lucy Liu's dress... but after looking at it altogether.. I love it! Bold choice that caused a lot of disagreement.

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

There were definitely more hits than misses this year. My favs were Heidi Klum and Michelle Dockery (both white gowns which is unusual for me;-)
Gorgeous images Sam xx

Josie said...

Jessica Chastain and Anne Hathaway were my faves, sooo happy they both won! xxx

Demi Mist said...

I think I prefer Megan Fox! Very nice dress and style!

http://www.beautyandthemist.com/
http://www.in-cube.net/

Nicole Hedges said...

Wow Michelle Dockery looked really pretty!

Nicole of Lu-Lu-Nicole.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures my dear!!!:)

Carmen said...

These are some amazing dress I would love to wear, especially the midnight series looks great!
xx
www.clothesandcamera.com

Letters from a Mermaid said...

BIG big love for the black and purple gowns!

I really love your blog!
I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch love :)

xoxo

Sandra Leiva said...

Most of them look amazing!

Unknown said...

great!

New Post!
Anthea

Maddie said...

Wow so many great dress in one place! Can't pick my favorite!

callmemaddie.blogspot.com

angieporelmundo said...

beautiful dresses

http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

Catriona MacLeod said...

I really enjoyed reading this post and looking at all the pictures as I haven't had a chance to see the Oscars yet. The At First Blush gowns are definitely my favourite, especially Amanda Seyfried's she looks amazing!

catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Everyone looked so gorgeous! It's tough to choose a favorite!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
www.daisyraeboutique.com

Unknown said...

Mejor Jessica Alba! peor..no el vestido que es precioso, pero de cara Nicole Richie...que le pasaba????????
me ha encantado el post, super completo y trabajado!!!besitos!!!

hautepinkpretty said...

Loved Kate Hudson, Amy Adams & Anne Hathaway! xx

Unknown said...

I love most of the dresses and it is so so hard to pick one favourite but I love Nicole Richie, Anna Hathaway and also Julianne Hough couldn't have picked a better dress.
What was Taylor Swift's stylist thinking if they were at all.
I hated Lucy Li, Halle Berry and Heidi Klum's ensemble, like really? They could do way better!

Diana Marks said...

Kate Hudson is my favorite!

Have a fabulous week!

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Tamara Chloé said...

OOOOh wow!!! such an amazing post!!

thanx so much for sharing I really enjoyed your breakdown of all these fab gowns

I love them all,but I have to say Jessica Alba was my fave!

xoxo kisses have a fab week Sam

www.tamarachloestyleclues.blogspot.com
www.tamarachloestyleclues.blogspot.com

Danny said...

wow, great post!!! I liked a lot of dresses, but I can say the one I really hated: Halle Berry!

Bravoe Runway said...

I really wasn't blown away by the gowns this year, I am not sure why but nothing really struck a chord. But what I can say is OMG...Megan Fox had a kid?

Anonymous said...

This post sure beats anything I've seen in the mainstream online news. Great job! I can't get over all the fish-tail dresses this time around. They all look like mermaids! NOT a great look for most of them. Naomi Watts was probably my favorite.

Unknown said...

Wow you did such a great job gathering all these. I loved Hayden's look too. It was simple yet something about it made glow :)

www.visceralmaze.blogspot.com

Anu

Kat said...

i loveeeeeeed jennifer lawrences dress!!! so beautiful :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Fashion-isha said...

I absolutely love how you categorized the gowns. It's so neat and you could totally be a style editor!
xo
Sharon

MOSAMUSE said...

the stardust looks are nice but im loving the bluch looks
xo
MOSAMUSE

www.MOSAMUSE.com

Unknown said...

a lottt of very beautiful dresses
http://melolimparfaite.blogspot.fr/

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

loved all the blush tones Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

Anonymous said...

I loved the red dresses. They look classic and chic.
http://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

Kate Hudson is my favorite! and the second is Jennifer Lawrence, and then Katherine McPhee :)
Stela

Martha from Malta said...

Just did a post on this year's Golden Globes Sam! My fave is Jennifer Lopez but I also loved many other gowns. There weren't many disappointing looks this year. My least fave has to be Ariel Winter, that is in no way a dress fit for such a glamorous event!

Unknown said...

Love the sorbets and whites! A few of them featured in my top 10 on my blog http://houseofbelle.blogspot.com, take a look!

X RB

Jessica said...

Jessica Alba was my favorite, but I also liked all the classy, high necklines with fitted bodices of Emily Blunt, Maria Menounos, Nichole Richie, Michelle Dockery, Taylor Swift.

margaret cruzemark said...

All the ladies in the first raw are absolutely amazing!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Chiara said...

All the dresses in the first raw are absolutely gorgeous! I would want them all! (:

www.spellbinded.com

Stephanie said...

I was very impressed with the golden globes this year! There wasn't many dresses that I disliked!

http://fashionroll.com

Unknown said...

I am LOVING the Bringing Sexy Black girls, looking beautiful! xx

Rahul Bhatia said...

Imagine I almost missed this lovely post, Sam:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this blog. I mean, you must put so much time in it, so much dedication. It says a lot about your passion for beautiful gowns and for blogging in general. Really really love stopping by every time!
Now on topic: I loved Zooey Deschanel and Kerry Washington best.

Love from you newest follower,
Jolien

http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

Miu said...

I like the dresses of Kaley Cuoco and Thandie Newton.

Jacy said...

Fantastic compilation! You really did your research and it's fantastic. My favorites from the night: Jessica Alba (I was also hoping this gown would be on the red carpet), Kate Hudson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Emily Blunt and Naomi Watts. I also thought Hayden looked her best ever, and my favorite beauty looks were Rosie and Jessica Alba!

~Jacy

www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com