Monday, January 28, 2013

Red Carpet - SAG Awards 2013

Red Carpet Fashion
Screen Actors Guild Awards 2013

These are all the fashion highlights from the SAG Awards held last night in Hollywood.


Flame & Fuchsia
Frieda Pinto was striking in a fuchsia Roland Mouret dress with cowl neck, accessorized by black belt and clutch bag. Jessica Chastain owned her red carpet moment in a flame red Alexander McQueen gown with folded strapless neckline. Lea Michele was vibrant in a cerise pink Valentino frock with flounced hem and full skirt. Nina Dobrev looked stunning in a form-fitting guava Elie Saab gown with sheer side cut-outs. An almost unrecognizable Kaley Cuoco was bold in a vermilion red lace gown by Romona Keveza. 

In The Navy
Jennifer Lawrence displayed modern sophistication in a strapless fitted Dior gown with folded skirt. Nicole Kidman reclaims her name on the red carpet in a sheer embellished Vivienne Westwood Couture gown. Amanda Seyfried shows off the impeccable silhouette of this navy blue Zac Posen gown with layered mermaid skirt.

Pale Romance
Rose Byrne picked out a feminine floral dress with side frills by Valentino. Ariel Winter's gingery princess dress with floral appliquéd bodice is by Alex Perry. Glee's Jayma Mays went white in a fully beaded Georges Hobeika column gown with floral motifs laid upon the hemline.

Duo-Tone
Marion Cotillard's ongoing relationship with Dior proves fruitful, as she stands out in an indigo blue and white satin strapless gown with folded high-low hem. January Jones was futuristic in this monochromatic dress with high halter neck by Prabal Gurung. The Good Wife's Julianna Margulies wears a black and white color-blocked gown by Chado Ralph Rucci.

Aquamatic
Television host Nancy O'Dell wore a teal mermaid gown with sequined bodice and asymmetrical shoulder strap. Glee's Heather Morris tried out the turquoise trend in a vibrant cap-sleeved dress by Gomez-Gracia. TV presenter Shaun Robinson was lovely in a sea blue Grecian pleated dress with draped coral shoulder cape, which is by Rani Zakhem. Viola Davis brightened things up in a marine blue Monique Lhuillier gown.

Corseted Dresses
 Tina Fey was elegant in a simple black strapless dress by Oscar de la Renta. Sofia Vergara can never do wrong on the red carpet, she sizzles in a white Donna Karan gown with unstructured strap detail. Naya Rivera brought on her A-game in an alluring Donna Karan Atelier dress with angled sheer bustier. Kerry Washington was engaging in a delicately beaded white strapless Rodarte gown.

A Sequined Story
 30 Rock's Jane Krakowski donned an apricot shaded Kaufman Franco dress. Helen Hunt's silver sequined strapless gown is by Romona Keveza. Jenny Fischer wears an attractive black and gold sequined Jenny Packham dress. Jennifer Garner glimmered in a gold guipure lace embellished gown by Oscar de la Renta.

Elegantly Embellished
Katrina Bowden was exquisite in an ice-grey tulle embellished dress by Badgley Mischka. Ellie Kemper picked out a pretty sea foam lace dress with waist bow by Reem Acra. Naomi Watts maintained her graceful style in a silver-grey lace Marchesa gown. Julia Stiles made a red carpet appearance in a smokey grey sequined sprayed dress by Amen Couture.

Black Magic
Jaimie Alexander dressed to impress in a sexy cut-out Marc Bouwer gown with ruched waist & skirt. Clea DuVall was dashing in a Gomez-Gracia dress with shimmering Swarovski beaded bodice. Julie Bowen went for an edge in a leather Joanna Johnson gown. Anne Hathaway wore a silk embroidered tulle goth princess look by Giambattista Valli Couture. Claire Danes one-shouldered gown with white decorative embellishings is by Givenchy.

Jewel Tones
Jessica Pare was poised in a forest green Jason Wu gown with black leather straps & belt. Giuliana Rancic made an improved appearance in a royal blue Max Azria gown with gathered neckline & black waistband. Sarah Hyland was beautiful in an amethyst printed frock by Dolce & Gabbana. Jordin Sparks went for a minimalist chic look in a sapphire Nicole Miller dress. Alexis Bledel returns to the red carpet in an emerald green pleated dress by Rena Lange.


Who was your best or worst dressed on the SAG Awards 2013 red carpet?


75 comments:

Diana Marks said...

I think the navy dresses are the best!
Have a great week!
LA By Diana Live Magazine

FASHION TALES said...

Kerry Washington and Jessica Chastain are absolutely stunning, just love their dresses. :)

Fashion-Bridge said...

I fell in love with Marion Cotillard's chic and sleek look. She looks stunning, breath-taking and well yeah mind-blowing with her new hair-do and Dior gown. Jennifer Garner is beyond beautiful in her golden Oscar de la Renta column dress

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great Post!

This is a great round up of the best looks !

Thank you so much for sharing ;)

xxx

Janice

little luxury list said...

All the navy blue ladies and Nina Dobrev have gorgeous outfits. Freida and Anne made some unfortunate choices and their gowns weren't flattering to their body types.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

katie said...

Oooh, where to start?!

Jordan Sparks looks so grown up and ladylike, I just can't get over how gorgeous she looks in the simple and lovely gown. (And Airel Winter! Ooooh, she is too adorable! I really think that quite a few of the younger ladies in hollywood right now do such and amazing job dressing up for these shows, I remember back when the Disney kids like Lindsey and Hillary duff would show up to these events and while they were cute and dressed like teens, the young ladies today just look so stunning and grown up. I wonder if maybe they just have better stylists or if it's a generational thing.) Ack, anyways, so many of the gowns were so beautiful, I saw a few moments of it on tv when Jaimie Alexander was walking down the carpet and wow, the pictures do not do her dress justice, it was so beautifully cut and the skirt had such beautiful movement.

I think Nicole would have been the best dressed for me if she'd just done something with her hair! Normally she's so stunning but this just looks like mom hair, an updo would have really shown off this stunning gown. I'm going to have to give best dressed to Ariel Winter, she looks so beautiful and sweet and her dress is so pretty.
Worse dressed....hmm. I think I would have to give that one to Nancy O'Dell. The color of the dress is gorgeous and looks so pretty on her, but that's about it. I'm not a fan of the weird asymmetrical cute on this with the beading at the same time, it really looks more like a prom dress than a awards dress.

Sofies closet said...

I love all the white and nude dresses! :-)

Kati said...

Thank you so much for your comment, it made my day!

Love Ariel Winter's dress!

Best,
-Kati

The Garage Starlets said...

They look amazing!

www.thegaragestarlets.com

Unknown said...

love all!!!

New Post!
Anthea

Rakhshan said...

love the navy batch, adore Amanda seyfried's hair and berry lips on her as well as on Jennifer lawrence.
Nicole kidman looks gorgeous except for her hairstyle its a disaster! x

Adriana Carmen said...

So baeutiful! Love the navy ones! Have a great week!
XOXO
Adrielle
http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

Valeria said...

The pale romance selection is so romantic and feminine, love it! I also like the last one. I love bright colors.

Valeria.
http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it
http://www.facebook.com/ValeUrbanMarket

Lilli said...

Hi Sam! Have just seen some looks this morning but not all the ladies, so thanks for sharing!! My fav this year were: Nicole Kidman, Amanda Seyfried, Marion Cotillard, Naomi Watts and at last Jaimie Alexander, she also had a gorgeous make up look! Julia Stiles little disappointed me, love this actress but for me is too young for that gown and hairstyle! Kisses dear and have a good monday!!:*

Daniella said...

Wow these ladies look amazing!!! SO many beautiful gowns, I especially adore Nicole Kidman's navy dress, it's beautiful! I also love the black magic section, they all look super chic! :)

Take care and have a wonderful week,
Daniella xox

Carolyne O' said...

So hard choose a fave :) Maybe I say Nina Dobrev, I'm a pink lover and this dress is fab!
Xxx

Carolina

www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

Thank you for sharing these - as it happens most of the time I didn't have time to look up the photos. :)

MateaTPol said...

nickole is my favorite! so delicate and beutifull!

Unknown said...

So many beautiful women in so many beautiful dresses. Wonderful selection, thank you for sharing :) Happy Monday!

http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/magicmagpie666

Unknown said...

Wow a lot of beautiful dresses and a lot of colour! Love them!

Heather said...

Nicole Kidman was my fave - SOOOO GORG!

XO
Pearls & Paws

erica marie said...

Katrina Bowden is definitely my favorite. There's just something so whimsical about Badgley Mischka dresses that I love so much. Oh and to answer your comment from the other day. I live right on the outskirts of a small town near Houston. Chris actually lives out in the country where we take my outfit posts.

xo erica

Bravoe Runway said...

I love that gown on January jones and generally the illusion neckline isn't my favorite but it looks awesome here.

Anastasija said...

amazing blog!! Following you!

Unknown said...

I am in love with Jordin Spark's and Kerry Washington's looks!
Have a blessed and productive week love!

Unknown said...

Love white and fuchsia dresses!!!

Have a great week,

Nicole

www.nicoleta.me

Katie Frank said...

I love these pink creations! So lovely <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Katerella said...

amazing blog!!!

http://www.semmo.net/
http://www.katerella.com/Male-Hairstyles-Mens-Hairstyle-Long-Hair-Styles-Men.html

Silvia Negretti said...

Great selection! Love to see these gowns!
Even if my favs are romantic and sequined dresses, Amanda and Nicole look better!^^
xxx
S

http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

Jessi said...

I love Nicole Kidman and Ariel winters dresses! So romantic. And ya, I get the Carly Rae thing a lot ;)
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

MIXT fashion and lifestyle said...

I also love the dress of nicole kidman! Great color

Unknown said...

Wow, Nina Dobrev looks stunning! As does Amanda Seyfriend. Fabulous post x

style-comes-from-within.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Loved the navy and duo toned dresses most!

girlavantgarde.com

Madame Chic Bcn said...

Amazing selection as usual daling!! I think this time I'll chose the aquamatic ladies, particularly the Nancy O'Dell look. She looked stunning!!
xoxo
Patricia

http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

Catriona MacLeod said...

My vote for the best dressed is Nicole Kidman, love the material, and the deep blue is gorgeous

catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

tiebow-tie.com said...

Giuliana Rancic and her blue dress are gorgeous!
kisses)

Vanessa said...

OMG,so beautiful dresses...love the navy ones.*_*
Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
My Blog

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I love your fashion roundups as you always manage to cover looks I missed on the red carpet. I thought Marion and Cotillard and January Jones were especially stunning. Their looks both really stood out for me.

Rowena @ rolala loves

VintageDanielle said...

Nina and Ariel were my favorite, simply stunning!

Unknown said...

Favorites of mine - Jenna Fischer, Freida Pinto, Amanda Seyfriend, and Sarah Hyland. I didn't get to watch unfortunately, so thank you for the highlights!

Zahra

Josie said...

Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence were my favourites, as always! xxx

aki! said...

Love the romantic and embellished looks. The duo chrome is definitely unique and... the aquamarine? I'm not sure I'm such a fan.

Natalia said...

Jennifer Lawrence always looks stunning! Great blog :) x

gigi said...

some really glamorous looks there! my faves are nina dobrov and katrina bowden. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

mademoiselle mode said...

Amazing selection !!
OMG I love all dresses :)

New post - Kisses
http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

Kashaya said...

I love the navy looks!

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

Once again the Christian Dior 'duo' Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard were my favourites!

Carmen said...

Amanda and Ariel look stunning! Kaley Cuocos dress has a bit of an awkward length that makes her look way shorter than she actually is :/
xx
www.clothesandcamera.com

Kacie Cone said...

All the navy dresses are just stunning!

Jennifer said...

I'm all for pale romance and black magic!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Stephanie said...

Sofia Vergara looked amazing last night!

http://fashionroll.com

Unknown said...

Wow, I definitely fell in love with Nicole Kidmans dress! it is perfect!

Kisses, Lucy :)
stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

Ileana said...

Great post!!! I think there were better outfits at the golden globes...
I do not know how I feel about Nina Dobrev...sometimes it looks beautiful, and in other pics, not that much... :)
My fave 5 are in my blog, lol :D
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

Alexandra said...

Marion was my favourite hands down! She is always so flawless in Dior!

Alexandra xo

tovogueorbust.com

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Wow! Those are some amazing dresses, I simply couldn't pick on as my favourite!

Daisy Dayz
In Pursuit of an Online Income

Gabriel Kaefer said...

ours, loved the dresses
but my favorites are the duo-tone
gorgeous!

I await your visit!
kiss
http://newdaynewdress.wordpress.com/

Elle Sees said...

i can always count on you for the best award show dress roundups!

Tania said...

really lovely roundup! you're organized everything so well. too many faves to name...

xx

freshfizzle

Elly @ Caribbean Living said...

Oooh, great round up Sam!! Loving the Flame and Fuchsia collection, and the Sequinned Story ones rock too - it's great to see a fellow redhead rocking a bright red gown, Jessica Chastain looks fabulous!! Maybe I can get away with that colour, hmm...

Anonymous said...

Blues look boring. I prefer jewel tones or red and fuschia
http://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Totally love the fuschia looks!< 3

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella
http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

loved all the colors! Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

trishie said...

Love Nicole Kidman's navy gown!

Miu said...

My favourite is Lea Michele, the colour of her dress is simply amazing!

The Dragonfruit said...

Omgsh, so many gorgeous dresses!
I really love Amanda Seyfreid's deep blue dress <3
So pretty!

Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
Trendy Teal

alexia said...

oh my goodnessss, Clea DuValls dress is PERECT.
and i love tina fey! big inspiration in my life!

BELULOVE said...

me encantaron los primeros en tonos rosados,. Me sorprendieron!! besos guapa

Chiara said...

Oh all so pretty! I like the dark blue / navy colored dresses! Just gorgeous!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

i missed this! so glad you posted it. i liked everyone in navy and black. lol
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Martha from Malta said...

Love this round-up Sam! Alexander and Jessica Pare are among my faves as there were a couple of other thumbs up for me! I am actually quite disappointed by Nicole Kidman, her dress is beautiful but her hair is a no no for me! Maybe it's this picture but I do not think she is looking at her best here.

Anonymous said...

Amazing looks! I love all these actresses and regularly watch their shows.

LUXESSED

Test said...

I love bright colors the best... They just brighten up everything!

Ivana said...

Sam, your red carpet posts are always my favorites! You have such a perfect eye for fashion! I'm especially smitten with the pink group, I think they all pulled off this pretty color so well! And Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard stole my heart with their gowns!

xx Ivana

Macarons and Pearls

margaret cruzemark said...

Marion Cotillard looks stunning in this Dior dress.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Sara T. said...

Frieda Pinto looked like an old lady, I don't like her hair. Amanda and Ariel were the best!

http://bookofflair.blogspot.com/