Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Floral Jeans Trend

Arguably one of the biggest casual wear trends to sweep over us this year are floral jeans. The trend evolved from the beautiful floral prints displayed on the SS12 runways of designers like Dolce & Gabbana, Peter Som, Celine, Prabal Gurung and Diane von Furstenberg. Then we saw endless photos of celebrities like Olivia Palermo and Jessica Alba wearing a pair of brightly hued floral pants, turning it into a world-wide craze. But it's not just flowery blossoms that's catching on - visually interesting patterns, tie-dye, smudges and stripes have also been splashed to skinny denim jeans. These are some of the most eye-catching pairs designer denim pairs currently making waves.


Stacey Keibler in 7 For All Mankind, paired with a white tank and neon pink clutch.
Beyonce wears a bright Stella McCartney pants with lumo yellow heels & pink belt.
Olivia Palermo dons a Paige Denim tie dye pair with navy blue blazer.
Rihanna looks suave in an ombre floral mesh print jeans by Alexander Wang.
Minka Kelly wears her flower printed pair by Dolce & Gabbana with a leather top, yellow clutch & blue heels.

Lana del Rey wears a camel trench coat over her Citizens of Humanity skinnies.
Victoria Justice is cute in a tribal print pair of Rag & Bone jeans.
Jessica Alba is chic in a vibrant floral pair with electric blue heels and a leather jacket.
Olivia Palermo in a jazzy botanical pair from Topshop, paired with bright yellow, black & leopard heels.
Kristen Cavallari wears a berry-hued Joe Jeans, paired with all black.
Jenna Dewan is casual in a pretty printed skinny jeans with grey tee and Panama hat.


Pretty Floral Prints
1. River Island multicoloured floral skinny jeans. $66 at Asos
2. Brightly shaded floral skinny jeans by Asos. $31
3. Dylan George watercolour skinny leg jeans. $189 at Nordstrom
4. Paige Tie & Dye Verdugo denim in amber. $199 at NeimanMarcus.com


Not Your Average Blue Jeans
5. Citizens of Humanity Avedon Morris paisley print jeans. $218 at Shopbop
6. True Religion Stella skinny tie-dye jeans. $216 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
7. Genetic Denim Shya cigarette jeans with glazed houndstooth print. $220 at Shopbop.com

Designer Vibrance 
8. Dolce & Gabbana floral printed white straight leg jeans. $260 at Farfetch
9. Goldsign virtual printed floral cropped jeans. $112.50 at Net-a-porter
10. Diane von Furstenberg for Current/Elliott classic skinny jeans in tropical mint. $184 at Stanwells
11. 7 For All Mankind 'The Skinny' print jeans in garden floral. $189 at Nordstrom.com 

Black & White
12. Citizens of Humanity black paisley print corduroy Thompson jeans. $230 at Net-a-porter.com
13. Helmut Lang grain print jeans. $220 at Helmutlang.com
14. Jordan Jean by Motel black and white striped pair for £48 at Topshop. This pair was inspired by a look I saw on the lovely Zoe's blog.

Pale Romantics
15. J Brand 835 denim mid-rise skinny jeans in twisted pink seashell. $202 from JBrand
16. Current/Elliott The Stiletto skinny floral jeans in tonal rose and green. $228 at Mytheresa
17. J Brand Baroque skinny jeans in a
 romantic pink. $203 at Shopbop.com
18. Current/Elliott skinny jeans in a blush pink floral rose print. $153 at Boutique1

Have you considered the floral denim trend as yet? 
If so, which of these pairs would you wear?

59 comments:

Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} said...

I will admit, I'm not the biggest fan of this trend. But I commend all of you who can wear it and rock it!
But if I had to choose one, I would probably wear the paisley printed pink ones... :)
Wonderful post, Sam, per the usual! You never fail to inspire me!
xoxo

Stephanie said...

Love this trend! So many different styles to choose from! Great picks!

http://fashionroll.net

Jenna Hughes said...

want them all!

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

These are a little too girly for me, but I do really like the jeans in the fifth picture! xxx

Nuar said...

WOW! This is a dream come true for a jeans-addict like me!! The Dolce&Gabanna floral is beyond gorgeous, like pretty many of your picks. BTW, they say that Genetic Denim is the best brand for jeans making. And I can testify to their most flattering shape. ;+)
Hope you have a great rest of the week, sweetheart!
María José xxx
http://nuarbarcat.blogspot.com.ar/

Collections said...

I LOVE floral jeans. I own the current/elliott ones and they are SO comfortable.

Collections

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Oh I just love those houndstooth jeans! I would totally wear them!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Cathy said...

Still loving this trend! Your picks for different categories are all amazing! I especially love the Dolce & Gabbana pair!

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the floral pant trend, just not brave enough to try it myself yet!
xo Jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Definitely LOVING your choices honey!!! From each line I would pick something!! Perfect pieces for the summer, those prints are speaking for themselves!! River Island, D&G, Current/Elliott- beautiful!
kiss kiss

Indistinctive Writer said...

Floral pants feel oh so retro! I like the black and whites best.

i hope you're having a great day Sam! ^_^

trishie said...

I love this look! But, don't think i can personally carry it off.

Rahul Bhatia said...

Eye catching pairs:)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I'm finicky about florals! I love most of them, but there are some I'll just ahem leave for others. HAHAHAHA One does not fit ALL! HAHAHAHA
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I lover this trend, but I haven't tried it yet myself. I really love the blush pink pair by Current/Elliot and the black paisley COH's.

*Erin

Unknown said...

Initially I was really apprehensive about this trend - I just didnt think it was my style or something I could pull off but the bigger it seems to get and the more floral options available, the more I seem to want my own pair! haha It's always the way isn't it. I think I prefer the really bright and bold colours vs the more dainty pastels though. Hopefully I'll find my own perfect pair :)

Anna xo
http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

The Dragonfruit said...

Oooh, I really do enjoy this trend - although I have yet to get a pair of floral jeans myself. Haha, but I love how the black & white ones and pale romantic ones look ♥

Trendy Teal
Enter to win a Stitched + Adorned Giveaway!

Ember Drake said...

I really like the floral denim trend - although I think I would probably stick to shorts rather than jeans as I would be a bit nervous of so much pattern.

The pale romantics jeans are just gorgeous though! :-)

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

K. said...

I love flowers and everything connected with them,so I really like the floral trends:D

ftashion said...

I love every piece you chose babe! I'm in love with this floral pants trend, but I haven't found the right pants yet. oh man, I hope this is a trend to stay and not just a passing one.

Fang Ting
ftashion

Unknown said...

the black and white remind me beetle juice :D

http://leguidedelama.blogspot.com

Ivana said...

This is such a fabulous and perfect summer trend! I love it on everyone else, but I can't bring myself to buy a pair :) I need to go out and at least try one :)

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

Those pants are fab, I like flower pants but I don't own a pair, since I rearly wear jeans in summer, it is way too hot for that! Ilina

Lilli said...

I love this trend and you picked up so lovely pairs dear! I want to get all of them!:) Kisses and have a nice day!:*

A Life Un-Styled said...

Hey lovely, for some reason the images aren't coming up for me. They just show as boxes with an exclamation mark in them. I do love the floral jeans on others, especially on the runway but I don't think you'll be catching them on me. I don't think I'm confident enough to pull it off! Would you wear them?

Dominika | Into the Bloom said...

Olivia Palermo looks simply stunning, I love how she can pull off any look!

http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a pretty trend, I love Olivia's second pair xo

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

very nice trend. I think it should live more!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I adore this trend and have been looking to add a pair of floral jeans to my closet so this post is right up my alley. I love the way OP rocks this look.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Anonymous said...

I don't love Olivia Palermo...but I do LOVE her floral denims...her three pairs in your photographs are my favs hands down!!! I have a pair from H&M (cause I'm cheapskate) that I've been wearing at least once a week this summer. I usually pair them with a peplum top or some lace, makes the most of the trends :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I really love this trend and would definitely wear it. I love how Olivia Palermo wore hers with a blazer !

The Chic Sheet said...

Yes! There is some pretty amazing floral jeans out there and I love how you recapped that in this post! LOVE IT!


XX,
Miranda

Blog da Reh said...

Ohh, I want a pair! Soo beautiful and fashionable!!

Beeeijooos

http://www.youtube.com/blogdareh

http://re-becah.blogspot.com

Helena Resende said...

I really like this trend :)

bridechic said...

So glad to see these! I have a really cool pair I'm dying to wear . . .

oxoxoxo from San Francisco
Amy
http://bridechic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sincerely I'm not really attracted to printed jeans but I admit that they look really good on some people! :) I personally prefer prints on top than on the bottom part of my outfits ^^
Great post!

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I like it, but I don't think that I would wear it myself!

Unknown said...

Love love love printed jeans, but I'm against the flower print, I don't know why, but I can't see myself wearing something like that. I preffer a tie dye ones or a stripe ones, like mine! THANKSSS for putting my link there dear!!!!!thanksssssssss!
Have a great night!
xoxo

Mileide Almeida said...

i love the floral jeans!! =))

Sootjeelina said...

I love Jenna Dewan's look!

xoxo Sootjeelina

Jessica said...

i think olivias are my favorite!! i still havent been brave enough to buy a pair myself though :)

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

hautepinkpretty said...

I'm always a fan but have yet to find a pair I liked on me... Xox <3 hautepinkpretty.com

Unknown said...

I like everything floral except for the jeans!
Not my 'scene' trend.
How are you doing dear?

Giovanna said...

Fun inspo! Loving the floral trend!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Style, She Wrote said...

Love floral pants, especially with a blazer for a bit of polish! xo style, she wrote

Unknown said...

I love it!! Olivia looks amazing on those jeans! Following you:)

Kisses, Lucy!

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of this trend!!! Just don't like floral bottom (jeans, pants, skirts). In my opinion, it looks too girlish and can be OK for teenagers only... and Beyonce looks terrible. Definitely not her pants.

Elle Sees said...

this trend is not for me, but love it on others

joy said...

yes yes yes, I love this trend! gahhh i want more floral jeans :) I really like Olivia Palermo's tie dye one. But now that I have floral jeans, I really want polka dot jeans.

Ann said...

They are so pretty...
But I can't rock them,
I don't think I look good in them.

Nicole said...

Hi Sam! I really love this trend! These ladies really pull it off.

I was in the Cape Town CBD the other day and I saw this guy wearing the most interesting pair of pants! It was a pair of classy black jeans and almost looked like 3 different shades of blue were painted on it randomly. Turns out he's a French fashion designer residing in CT and those were his own design. Gotta love fashion.
xxx

Unknown said...

Love this trend!

Kisses!
Ana

Andreja said...

i love them all! great picks, sam!

xoxo, andie
Fashionista's Pick
Facebook Twitter Bloglovin

Zahra Effendi said...

On my wish list Sam ;) ! Love!

Denise said...

I like floral patterns, but jeans wouldn't work for me... yet, I liked the looks of Jessica Alba and Olivia Palermo!!!
Ah, yes, we should plan a trip together - I loved the idea!

little luxury list said...

I've seen floral denim and love the bold print on others (just not me, unless I had thinner legs!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Fashion-Bridge said...

I love the floral trend and mostly pants version. But (sorry Beyonce) it suits only thin ladies. Good solution is to opt for a dress/ skirt or shirt!

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Jan said...

Number 5, 7, 12, 13 and 17 are too cool!

brown motorcycle leather jacket said...

Special style colorful jeans and i believe this will be fashion in this year!