Saturday, July 07, 2012

Paris Fall Couture Week 2012 - Part 3

Paris Couture Fashion Week
Fall/Winter 2012-2013
Part Three

My coverage of Paris Couture Week comes to a close with a focus on the exquisite collections of Lebanese designers. We are all familiar with Beirut's most famous import, Elie Saab, but there are few more notable couturiers that deserve their space in the style spotlight. What I love about the Lebanese designers is their exceptional craftsmanship, exquisite hand-beading, intricate attention to every detail, and their ability to bring princess perfect gowns to life with in a way that is delicate, elegant and utterly feminine. Click on the pictures to zoom in.

Elie Saab

The master of couture has served up another triumphant collection, possibly even more beautiful than the ones before. The silhouettes were graceful, accented at the waist with bateau necklines and lengths from midway to maxi. A vigorous splash of peach and teal added colour to the range of black, gold and taupe Imperial-inspired evening wear. Breathtaking gowns were contrived from lusciously beaded lace, silk crepe and brocade, drizzled with the opulence of a Byzantine empress.





Georges Chakra

The Lebanese designer celebrates 25 years in the fashion industry with a ritzy Fall Couture collection tinted in crimson red, midnight blue, rays of violet, black and lustrous gold. The hourglass figure is accentuated by fitted waists and bell-shaped skirts, while the asymmetrical shoulder was a prominent feature on the curve-hugging gowns. Sequins and feathers were found in abundance, methodically embroidered onto the dresses, adding dimension and texture. Favored by many-a-popstar, we can expect to see a few of Chakra's creations somewhere along the musical red carpet.



Georges Hobeika

An enchanting tale of fairies aflight and gardens in bloom, Georges Hobeika incited the magic of nature for his Fall 2012 Couture Collection. Fluttering gowns appeared in sublime shades of summer sage, rose red, lavender, minted aqua and sea breeze blue. Sumptuous velvets were underpinned by sheer chiffons, silk mousseline and lace, the pussycat neck bow acting as a leitmotif. The ethereal looks were festooned with dainty floral appliqués and a flurry of organza petals. I would love to see the hazy blue half of this collection on the red carpet, the second last look (blue ballgown, bottom row) is one of my favourites of fashion week.



Zuhair Murad

With style icons like Blake Lively, Taylor Swift and Jennifer Lopez wearing his designs, Zuhair Murad is a fashion force to be reckoned with. He creates the kind of eye-catching, head-turning looks that always make a dramatic statement. For Fall 2012, Murad flirts with florals, as seen on the voluminous, varicolored gowns, and with delicately embroidered blossoms tacked onto gauzy lace, see-through silhouettes and full tulle skirts. Celestial white and ivory gowns make for pretty bridal wear, while red haute dresses appeal to one's passionate side. Concluding this extravagant collection is a set of emerald green and royal blue gowns in luxurious satins and silk, trimmed with feathers and self-shaded beads. 




Have you spotted your dream dress yet? That sums up the wonderment that was Paris Couture Fashion Week. Click for Parts One & Two of my runway reviews. 

37 comments:

VintageDanielle said...

I wish I had somewhere to go in these gowns, just drop dead gorgeous! I so admire Elie's and Georges' Fall collections.

Anonymous said...

oh Elie Saab never fails to amaze me!
I love every piece they come out with!

x

tres chic chica said...

ohhhh Sam.. The Elie Saab collection is truly breath taking! I would wear these gowns everyday if I could! haha Thank you for stopping by and leaving such nice comments! You always make my day :)

xo Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I dont think I could ever not find an Elie Saab collection completely breathtaking. Tha sheer amount of work and technical skills required to churn out such amazing pieces completely astounds me haha. It goes without saying that Elies' collection is defo my fav :P

xx

TRENDSURVIVOR said...

Love your post.. Murad is my favorite!!!
xxx
Nina
http://trendsurvivor.com/

Lilli said...

Ciao Sam! I think Elie Saab was my very fav!! His collection was breathtaking! Enjoy your weekend dear and also Madrid!:) Kisses!:*

Unknown said...

I agree, other countries deserve their time in the spotlight. There are so many great designers. I love anything Elie Saab does. He is so amazing with everything he designs!

Julie Ann Lozada said...

Elie Saab Collection is so elegant and really stand out!

It’s a GIRL Thing

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

I cannot look at those beautiful dresses, specially E. Saab, his dresses are just <3, it makes me wanna get married once more...Ilina

Unknown said...

Loooove this post and Love Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab

Lisa said...

great post, with beautiful pictures!

ahww! thank you so much for your lovely comment, dear! I had the previous exam week so I was very busy, but now I have much time. I also missed your great articles and I'll certainly blog every day to keep up!

Isa said...

Oh, I love all the mint blues and greens and seashell reds! Love the Ellie dresses, they are literally eye-art! :)

Josie said...

The Elie Saab collection was stunning, as always! I love the pale blue dresses the most xxx

Denise said...

I was going to say "all the full skirts by Elie Saab and the black gowns - all" - then I saw Georges Hobeika and thought "all of them!" and then I saw the other two as well and oh, dear, all the full skirts for sure - one inspired me, I will ask my seamstress to make it - and how much beauty you brought to us now!!!! Thank you so much for making a difference, at least in my life! Your words, inspirational posts, your kindness! I "had" to post the poem from Friday Frills, cause it impressed me so much! Have a great weekend, my dear friend! (I owe you an email, I will write it next week!)

Stephanie said...

Big fan of these designers!

http://fashionroll.net

Anonymous said...

I looked at the first Elie Saab dresses and stopped breathing .. Absolutely stunning pieces, all of these. If only I could afford one of those, or have an occasion to wear it! ^^ I would die happy, hehe.

Satu
Indie by heart

Daniella said...

Hi Sam, This post is almost to beautiful to handle!! Love love love these Couture collections, there is a lot of delicate details which i adore and the colour pallets are simple stunning :)

Take care and hope you are enjoying your weekend, Daniella xox

Zuzana Konecna said...

I like every Elie Saab's dress!

Jenna Hughes said...

can i have it all??

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Rahul Bhatia said...

SO much color n beauty , Sam:)

Unknown said...

These dresses make me feel like I'm in a mystical world! Epic and so detailed... gorgeous!

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

Lolita in the Mix said...

Great collections!

xoxo lorena

http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

<< ENTER THE BIKINI GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG >>

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Can I please, please, please have the entire Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad collection? ;]

P.S. Thanks for checking out my Senna review. You should definitely give dark lipstick a try!

Lots of love, B
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

A Life Un-Styled said...

Hi beautiful, I just wanted to say that it's so obvious to see how much time and effort you put into your posts. I love taking my time looking through the pieces and reading your commentary. Even though I may know almost nothing about fashion yours posts inspire and educate me. Hope you had a great weekend xoxox

Unknown said...

Hey Sam!How're you??????I love the second set of dresses, those blue ones aqre so damn gorgeous!!!!love these kind of posts.
Have a nice day!
xoxo

little luxury list said...

Hi from Melbourne dear! Sigh Elie Saab uses lace in such a beautiful and sensual way and oh Zuhair Murad has some striking, bold pieces!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Joyce said...

i really like the peach tone color used in the collection. the dresses look really elegant! love it :D

-Joyce
carouselstreet.com

Nhi said...

Thanks Sam for stopping by my blog! elie saab is my absolute favourite alwaaays:) all in those dresses look like princesses or faries:) so pretty! i also like the zuhair murad collectioon here.

lots of love xx

PhilO♥ said...

I love all of it :)

Bonnie said...

I wish I could only wear Elie Saab all day every day. I love the designs.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

james said...

soo good it makes me cry. seriously!!

<3 james

Nuar said...

Hey, Sam!!
You're certainly growing to master fashion criticism!! And I'm so glad you celebrate Lebanese designers!
Being a Syrian immigrants' grandchild, I share my family's pride for Arabian culture values, and of course, their craftmanship skills. I couldn't agree more with your appreciation of Saab's gift to bring to life princess-worthy gowns. Also love Murad and Chakras dreamy mermaid dresses.
Thanks galore for sharing!
Have a great week!
Many kisses,
Maria José

http://nuarbarcat.blogspot.com/

hope in high heels said...

I have spotted about 20 dream dresses so far! Elie Saab is just perfection all over and I love Zuhair Murad - eye catching and simply stunning!

Fashion-Bridge said...

Elie Saab is a king of gowns! I don't know any designer who makes more gorgeous dresses than Mr. Saab. This collection is of no exception!

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Oh wow! I hadn't seen all of the collections. Simply gorgeous! I'm loving them more than the fall ad campaigns that are coming out. HAHAHAHA
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Oh just loving the gold and teal in Elie Saab's collection! Just stunning!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

brown slim leather jacket said...

I really love all of those style long dress and i also believe in that only the one who can control the elegant style of them can wear it!