Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Closet Confidential With Cara McLeay

This edition of 'Closet Confidential' features stunning style blogger Cara McLeay from Vancouver, Canada. Cara shares her effortlessly chic and sophisticated style, along with an impressive collection of shoes on her blog, A Fashion Love Affair. Read on as she gives us an insight to her personal love affair with bags, heels and classic yet contemporary clothes.



Describe your personal style
It is hard to pin-point my style because I love to try new things and switch it up on a regular basis-but I can say that I like classic, simple pieces, layering and adding jewellery or pops of color to make an outfit interesting.

What is your most treasured item of clothing?
My sister bought me my first DVF wrap dress for Christmas this year...it is definitely a favorite!

Most extravagant fashion purchase
I recently just purchased my first Coach bag...

What is the easiest way to accessorize an outfit?
I am a big fan of simple bracelets (Leah Alexandra's "Erin" Bracelet is a perfect one to stack up without looking over the top) or a statement necklace. You can also never go wrong with a great pair of sunglasses (My favorite right now are Karen Walker's "Perfect Day" sunglasses) or a great quality bag

What beauty products do you always carry with you?
Lip gloss is my only must!


What designer items are on your fashion wish list?
I am currently lusting after a Celine Luggage Bag, Alexander Wang Stella Heels and the Acne ‘Malakit’ Leather skirt.

You are widely admired by other bloggers for your glossy locks. Do you have any hair styling (or hair care) tips to share with us?
I dye my hair, which can make it super dry. To prevent breakage I make sure to use a deep conditioner once a week that has Keratin in it (structural proteins that help repair the hair) Right now I am using Joice K-PAK Bio-Restorative Treatment, and I use Moroccan Oil daily to keep my hair looking shiny and healthy.



Favourite shade of lipstick/lipgloss?
I prefer natural shades, nothing with sparkles...peach/coral/light pink


Who are your personal style icons?
I am inspired by so many people-other bloggers including Blair from Atlantic-Pacific and Jules from Sincerely Jules, as well as starlets such as Mary-Kate and Ashely Olsen, Kate Moss, Olivia Palermo and Clémence Poésy, to name a few...

If you won the fashion lotto, at which designer store would you chose to spend it?
Tough question! It would be a tie between Chanel, Celine, Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant


What are some of your closet staples? 
Plain V-Neck Tees (my favorite are by James Perse), Jeans, Pointed Pumps, A Leather Jacket, A Trench, A Great Bag, Big Sunglasses, and a dainty, everyday necklace.


Your Biggest Fashion Do
Having fun with fashion

Your Biggest Fashion Don't
Wearing clothes that don't fit

Fabulous fashion advice?
Know your body, find clothes that look fabulous on you and be comfortable and confident everywhere you go!



*Special Thanks to Cara for partaking in this interview and for the use of her photographs. This is an automatically scheduled post.



35 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that pink skirt in the first picturee!!! stunning!;)

VintageDanielle said...

She is amazing! I love that she paired hot pink skirt with the leopard heels :) Lovely interview!

Daniella said...

Oh wow what a brilliant and insightful interview! She's clearly got a great sense of style! Great post sweetie! :) Are you back from your trip now ?

Take care,Daniella xox

Stella said...

Nice interview!
Thanks for this post!
xxx
Miss Starshiny

LaTasha Bunting said...

I LOVE her pink skirt and jean jacket in the first pic! Nice Interview hun and great post! :)
LB
x0x0x0x

LifeStyle Journal said...

Very interesting interview!!!
I would say her style is contemporary classic, I really like it and will definitely check her blog out!!!
And I also want Celine Luggage Bag so badly...
Have a wonderful day!
Kate

stylenuggets said...

I love what I've seen of her style so will head over to her blog for more

Paolita@BerryHaute said...

I visit her blog from time to time, mainly cause she is in Vancouver and I like to background on her pics!

pamela said...

that skirt is to die for. i love it. glad to see some canadian bloggers getting a share of the spotlight!
xxoo
pamela
www.pamelamarrie.com

Rahul Bhatia said...

A lovely interview with the style icon Cara! Sam, your blog sure provides the thrills:)

Nuar said...

Very nice and complete post, Sam! Phisically, she vaguely reminds me of Chloë Sevigny.
I'm already looking forward to your Oscar's red-carpet style review!!!
If you feel like it, please check my last outfit post!
XOXO, María José
http://nuarbarcat.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

Oh, so good you are back and with such a beautiful post! Very inspiring!
I liked her style and hair, beautiful!
Hope you are OK! Good you posted again!

Style Servings said...

Thank for introducing me to her blog, her style looks so lovely!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

hope in high heels said...

Fabulous closet essentials... am mentally ticking off what I have and making a list of what I need to buy! Hope you're enjoying your week off!

Carmen said...

estupenda entrevista!! besitos

Fictitious Fashion said...

Inspiring Blogger!!!

Heyyyy.. check out my recent post!!! :D Surprise fr u

Anonymous said...

Love this kind of post, great interview

Kisses, Alexandra

Anonymous said...

So much fun to read! I totally love hearing how other people's style creativity works...and Cara has lovely style.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

LaTasha Bunting said...

It's an awesome surprise! And I totally agree with everything that she said about you! :)
LB
x0x0x0x

Jamile Botelho said...

Wow!! I love the post. Kisses from Brazil ~.~



http://www.diariodocoquefrouxo.com.br/

@MissJota

Marianna said...

i love her blog and style, she is one of my fave bloggers out there so thanks for this interview sam

A Life Un-Styled said...

I just checked out her blog, this woman has a serious shoe collection! Love it! Hope you're having a great week Sam :)

joy said...

This interview is great, I love learning about other bloggers! Her outfits are so pretty :)

tres chic chica said...

great post, love discovering new blogs! she has great style and lovely words to share.

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Josipa said...

uf what a pics! sooo beautiful girl!!!



http://babylovesfashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Nice interview! Her style is indeed so lovely :)

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Cara is a doll. Everyone should follow her if they're into style. She wears the most beautiful things and is also a beautiful person. I followed her when I had my blog sassyuptownchic.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Golden Cheer Grahams said...

So sweet ! I love her look !

Victoria West said...

Great pics. :)
Have a nice day!
Xoxo, Victoria.

escondidas en tu armario said...

great interview!!!
perfect photos!
kisses

maitane

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Cara has great style!

Dainté said...

She is great ! Love her style !! Thank you for sharing this with us ;)
ⓈⓈ ⒻⒶⓈⒽⒾⓄⓃ ⓌⓄⓇⓁⒹ

Emmett Katherine said...

Thanks for sharing a this, it's always great discovering a fellow Canadian fashion blogger!!!

danielle said...

she always looks so amazing, doesn't she?!?!

Cute Outfits Online said...

Love her style!

shop fashion