Saturday, February 04, 2012

Looks of the Week - 04/02/12

The weekly roundup...


Premiere Events
Burberry Muse Cara Delevigne opted to wear skinny jeans for the UK movie premiere of 'A Dangerous Method'. The model fully represented the brand, in a chic black and striped jacket with peplum flounce and all black accessories.
Cate Blanchett glimmered at the AACTA awards in Australia, wearing a lustrous gold silk mid-length dress with two-tiered hem by Alexander McQueen.
Rooney Mara continued her 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' movie tour in Japan, looking swish in a white architectural ruffled design by Givenchy.
Zoe Saldana brought some sassy style to the Sundance Film Festival. The actress looked alluring in a black Alexander McQueen frock with cut-out shoulders and wide belt.
Vanessa Hudgens impressed me most this week, looking gorgeous in a canary yellow silk strapless gown that flowed like a ray of sunlight. Her dress is by Maria Lucia Hohan.


Bits of Blue
Rachel McAdams did the talk show rounds in NYC, wearing a colour-blocked Peter Som dress, with varying shades of blue stripes. She paired her outfit with a white Roland Mouret coat and cute matching blue and white heels by Giuseppe Zanotti.
Blake Lively looked charming for her appearance at a Godiva Valentine chocolate event. The 'Gossip Girl' actress wore a baby blue and white lace crochet ensemble by Valentino, teamed with white Christian Louboutin heels.
Kim Kardashian touched down at Miami airport, looking pretty in a teal blue Rachel Zoe skirt, white tank, metallic Chloe belt and Giuseppe Zanotti platforms.
Rachel McAdams wore her second blue look of the week, incidentally also by Peter Som. The blonde actress choose a bright blue fitted tee and abstract print maxi skirt, peppered with every shade of blue. A blue clutch and heels completed her outfit.

Savvy Street Style
Taylor Swift takes a stylish stride in a white crochet Anthropologie dress, worn with an Urban Outfitters skinny belt, a brown Ralph Lauren bag, Frye Maya peep toes and Prada sunnies.
Gwen Stefani translated her rockstar style to the sidewalks, in a grey military jacket, black long tee, inkblot jeans, grey flat boots, black trilby and large tote. I'm assuming at least one of these pieces are from her label L.A.M.B
Fearne Cotton is an expert at experimenting with different styles. Here she wears an oversized charcoal coat over a crimson red asymmetrical dress, black tights and grungy boots. Yet another reason why she is one of my favourite style icons.
Jessica Alba - a week can't go by without one of her street-smart looks. She mixed stars and stripes with a multi-coloured Aztec jacket and sky blue star print shirt, both by MiH. Jessica added a cream scarf, wedges, and bright orange bag by Tory Burch.

44 comments:

A Life Un-Styled said...

Jessica Alba's outfit looks great! Happy weekend lovely, I hope you have lots of amazing things planned. The weather has cleared up a little so we're hoping to make the best of the day <3

Trendy Tips Trendy Girls said...

My favorite is Gwen! I love her! kisses http://trendytips-trendygirls.blogspot.com

Olga Babenko said...

I like Gwen too!8)

LaTasha Bunting said...

I love Zoe Saldana and Kim Kardashian outfit! And Vanessa Hudgens look super cute! :)
No problem on the sweet comments love, you deserve them! Have a lovely weekend! :)
LB
x0x0x0x

Oh my Dior! said...

I love Cara Delevigne!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Haus of Style said...

oh my, I LOVE vanessa's yellow dress so much!

have a great weekend my dear!

escondidas en tu armario said...

i really like vanessa hudgens in the yellow one!! nowadays she wear escesively casual! i like her with that dress!!
kisses

maitane

tres chic chica said...

I like Rooney Mara, Rachel McAdams and Blake lively. :) xoxo Marie
Thanks for stoping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

my vote goes for Cara and Kim. sadly, i'm not feeling Gwen's look.

Alexandria said...

love the white dress from Givenchy.

http://alexandriajz.blogspot.com

Paolita@BerryHaute said...

I would wear Jessica Alba's outfit any day. The jacket is fun and the bag's color really adds a happy factor.
Hope you are having a nice weekend Sam!

joy said...

Rooney Mara's dress is soo pretty, I love the shape of it! And for street style, I like Taylor Swift's the best :)

THE HF BLOG said...

the first look of all is my favorite, but your choices are great!
*
HF

http://www.the-hf-blog.blogspot.com/

Dominika | Into the Bloom said...

I am totally in love with Taylor's look, from her wonderful hairstyle to this beautiful dress. She's so stunning!

http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

Arianne said...

Oh my god, VANESSA HUDGENS!! I love her so much, and her yellow dress is one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen! and Black Lively is... She's always stunning!!!!!!
Ohh and I love Zoe Saldana, but I don't actually like her dress here, it looks a bit... I don't know haha
By the way, I'm sorry I haven't commented you in a while but I'm quite busy!
Anyway, have a nice weekend!!!
xo -A

Victoria West said...

Great looks. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Sm!Le said...

all looks are great but i love Gwen Steffani's look the most

http://elvche.blogspot.com/

Camille said...

vanessa looks so cute in that dress! love it!

Unknown said...

Love the last yelow dress in the first line!!!!!! aa beautifull!!! great post!

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

Lovely photos and some great looks. Gwen Stefani is so stylish, no matter what she wears...:)

Judith said...

Loving the oufits, great pictures!

Chandana said...

Loving the outfits! Specially Jessica Alba and Gwen!

Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

Denise said...

Again a fantastic selection and I selected some outfits that really inspired me!
Zoe Saldana was my absolute number 1! Love those sleeves!
Then ALL of the blue outfits! All of them, really! They are so beautiful!
After that, Twylor Swift for sure (that outfit was so "me"!) and Jessica Alba, always casual chic!
Very beautiful selection and as I said, I will inspire myself (Jessica Alba in 2 weeks, maybe!)

VintageDanielle said...

Gorgeous outfits. The top row kind've reminds me of a bumblebee with the color combos of black and yellow :) I love Taylor Swift's sweet cute look

Unknown said...

Cara Delevigne looks fantastic- I love her style!

M.
xo

Rakhshan said...

great looks!!
thanks so much for remembering me Samy you're a darling!i miss visiting your blog too, actually for the last month i've been feeling uber lazy, and tired all the time, and guess what could it be, im expecting my second, so super nauseous at all hours i can barely look at the laptop screen for more than 5 mins total! don't feel like blogging at all, just wanna stay in bed all the time and wish nobody would talk to me, but this time it's so difficult because of my 2.3 year old daughter who won't let me rest much:/ i hope i'd feel better once my first trimester is over which would be sometime in march, and i would be able to get back to the blogging world hopefully then:)
much love<3

Daniella said...

Great post sweetie!! SO in love with Rachel McAdams 2nd blue outfit,the skirt is gorgeous and set of beautifully by the simple fitted tee. I also am liking what Fearne Cotten is wearing,which is surprising as i'm not the biggest fan of her eccentric style! :)

Take care,Daniella xox

Style Servings said...

Great overview, as always! I love all the blue looks, especially Rachel McAdams'!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

Sharda said...

Cool outfits; love them! My favorite is Rachel McAdams outfit and look; she looks absolutely gorgeous.;)

ftashion said...

Wow, I just adore Taylor Swift's style. So stylish and sweet.

Fang Ting
ftashion

Purvi said...

loved what Blake Lively and Taylor Swift are wearing :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you picked great ones I can hardly choose my favorites haha. I would have to go with Zoe Saldana, Vanessa Hudgens, Kim Kardashian, and Taylor Swift. Although, I do love Jessica Alba's style as well!

P.S. I love "Wonderwall" and I can't wait to move to London! Hopefully I'll be moving in 2 to 3 years. :D

Lots of love, B
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee
Please support Give Jewelry!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I followed you! I hope you follow me back. :D

Lots of love, B
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee
Please support Give Jewelry!

NaNa said...

Cara Delevigne and Blake Lively are looking very stylish. Always love to see what Blake Lively is going to wear next.

Love from the NaNa girls x

Marianna said...

amazing post as always, Sam take some time to check out my blog-i just gave you an award

margaret cruzemark said...

Kate Blancett and Fernie Cotton have such a unique style. I adore them!!
Kisses and hugs!!
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Rakhshan said...

I left a huuuuge comment here yesterday and i cant find it now:/

Miss B said...

I really like Kim Kardashians outfit on here which is strange because I'm not usually a fan! :)

http://englishroseuk.blogspot.com/

Ana said...

Amazing post!

Kisses from Spain
www.pimpmymode.com

Anonymous said...

Cara Delevigne looked ABSOLUTELY gorgeous in her outfit and she is easily my favourite of the week. The shape of her jacket and tits slight flounce is just looooooovely ^_

Hope you've been fdoing well hun. Its been a while =(

Eeli xx

Stella said...

Rachel Mc Adams gorgeous!
xxx
Miss Starshiny

Ember Drake said...

Vanessa Hudgens, Zoe Saldana and Rachel McAdams always look so gorgeous!

I love these types of post!

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

hope in high heels said...

I think Rooney Mara is my standout this week - she looks so different to everyone else, the dress and the hair, it's all sleek and stylish. Also love Vanessa Hudgens - she's always so cute and that colour is amazing on her!

Charlotte said...

Nice looks! Thank you so much for your lovely comment :)