Friday, February 17, 2012

New York Fashion Week Fall 2012 - Part Three

New York Fashion Week
Fall 2012 Favourites 
Part Three

This is the last chapter to my New York Fashion Week 2012 coverage. As the last few days of shows ran it's course, it was evident that faux fur, reds, black and metallics ruled the runway.


Farah Angsana
Farah Angsana conveyed youthful opulence at her Fall 2012 showing. Matte golds and silver fought for attention against a dazzling gem-toned palette of ruby red, citrine, emerald, amethyst and sapphire. The Indonesian-born designer is victorious in creating feminine gowns and flirty cocktail dresses, with all the fizz and none of the fuss.

J. Mendel
Everyone has a favourite from NYFW, and this year J. Mendel is mine. The thought behind this collection is scattered between luxe furs and tweed, floaty chiffon gowns, cleverly-placed cut-outs, a handful of sparkle and a hint of asymmetry. Champagne shades were twirled with a glass of burgundy, all-white ensembles and the trending chartreuse. The gown I'd most like to see on the red carpet is the white and gold trimmed stunner, (pictured first, bottom row), preferably on someone like Angelina Jolie or Kate Beckinsale.

Derek Lam
Derek Lam gives us a 'Library' of chic modern designs that would translate as well off the runway as it did on the 60's styled models. Every Persian printed piece, leather pencil skirt and boxy peacoat is wearable in this black, white and red hued range. Gold-capped brogues and box-shaped bags acted as accessories. Minimalist yet graceful gowns rounded up this effortless and sophisticated collection.

Jenny Packham
Jenny Packham takes a punchier approach to 'pretty' for Fall 2012, with a display of slinky streamlined gowns in the most popular colour scheme during NYFW - red, black and metallic silver and gold. A few pastel shades lightened up the range, sweeping the floor with waisted gossamer gowns. Models wore retro 40's style bouffants and dark sultry make-up.

Michael Kors
If 'lumberjack-chic' was never a trend before, it is now, thanks to Michael Kors. The illustrious designer takes his sportswear sensibility into the great outdoors, where plaids and sequins meet in a place of rustic refinement. Kors pioneered a flock of weighty fur coats, fringed ponchos and blanketed skirts, leather dresses and tweed suits. Fur trimmed hats and gloves perfected the charismatic countryside look. 

Rolando Santana

Rolando Santana re-enters the 70's disco era with a ritzy collection for Fall 2012. The Mexican designer also played the red, black and metallic tune like so many other designers did, but differentiated himself by intermixing textures, leather and lamé, satin and tweed, fur and sequins. A high-glamour collection that will place Santana on the global fashion map.


Marchesa
Marchesa can do no wrong when it comes to illusion bodices, jewels and tulle. Every embroidered evening gown was worthy of it's own Oscar-winning moment. The lavish gold brocade dresses and swan-like white feathered frocks left one gasping for air (in a good way of course). Almost impossible to choose, the stand-outs for me were the short white and gold embellished dress (second on the top row) and the black and gold embroidered gown with upturned tulle neckline (fourth on bottom row). Breathtaking!



Click to see Part One & Two of New York Fashion Week 2012. 


Image Credits: Style.com

23 comments:

life full of colors said...

Absolutely amazing collection from Michael Kors.
I love it.

KAterina

Trendy Tips Trendy Girls said...

Lovely collections!!! Dresses everywhere! kisses http://trendytips-trendygirls.blogspot.com

Sm!Le said...

I like the most Michael Kors' and Rolando Santana's collections
=)

http://elvche.blogspot.com/

Marianna said...

hello darling although i loved little bits of each collection i have to agree with you, J.Mendel's collection was the best one, loved the cut out dresses

Bailey Schneider said...

I cannot choose one selection that's better than the other... They are all amazing and different!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

yiqin; said...

nice <3

Elin Kling said...

Amazing... I want it all!! <3

Lizbeth-Glamstyln' said...

post like this make me want to crave fancy dresses ,, even when I would have no where to wear them .. ALL of the are gorgeous Great post.
blessings hun
thanks for checking my page out !


Come Visit me on my Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Glamstyln

Joanne Reinhardt said...

I am obsessed with Marchesa's and J. Mendel's collections! But of course they are all totally fabulous! I would kill to own any of these pieces... a girl can dream, right? :)

xo, H
http://givemeglamourplease.blogspot.com

Judith said...

Lots of amazing dresses, love the dresses of Rolando Santana :) xo

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

That red a-line dress in the first photo makes me SWOOOOOON!

XO,
Erin
erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Such wonderful collections!

Unknown said...

So many creative minds brought together in this series! :)

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

Oh wow so many gorgeous collections my dear!! My personal favourite collection out of NYFW has Proenza Schouler but i am also in agreement with your opinions on that beautiful J.Mendel collection and i could defiantly see that dress on Angelina Jolie! Though with all that said i am loving the sight of all these collections :)

Take care and have a lovely weekend,Daniella xox

Unknown said...

I was in complete awww of Michael Kors and Derek Lam. Not only were their clothes perfect but their lineup was also impeccable!

M.
xo

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

Beautiful! Don't even know what I like the best... :)

Paolita@BerryHaute said...

I am so excited there is a part 3, I have really enjoyed your FW posts,
to answer your question, I am not a professional skier, "I wish" I was.
But I am pretty hard core and have made it my goal to spend ski season
next to the hill and ski as much as possible. It's really an amazing sport,
not hard to get into at all. Hope you get to try it sometime, maybe you need to plan a
trip to Whistler.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend Sam!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

Farah used beautiful fabric. J. Mendel might be my overall favorite so far, and I have a soft spot for anything Marchesa. every year they don't disappoint--perfection.

LaTasha Bunting said...

I LOVE Jenny Packham and Rolando Santana's collection! They are my favorites! Great post beautiful! :)
By the way - Thank you so much for your comment! Yes, you may bookmark this page! Absolutely! :) I would LOVE that! :) I'm glad that you enjoyed these quotes and words of wisdom!
LB
x0x0x0x

VintageDanielle said...

Farah Angsana, J. Mendel, and Derek Lam are my favorite!

tres chic chica said...

I just can't take how many beautiful pieces one can make! It's amazing! Love them all :) Wish I can get my hands on one of those Michael Kors or Marchesa gowns!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

A Life Un-Styled said...

I think the J. Mendel would be my favourite, what a beautiful collection <3

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love Marchesa gowns! They always get it right!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/